Cleaner monitor

dachshund

At some point did Nikon change the material that is used for the monitor screen? On any of my previous Nikon digitals, the monitor screen is constantly in need of cleaning, e.g. D40, D3300, D5600. When I bought a Z50 I didn’t think it would be any different. To my surprise and satisfaction, the Z50 screen seems MUCH more resistant to finger marks etc. The glass must be made of different material a definite improvement, a schmutz free view!

BF Hammer

My Z5 got a stick-on screen protector right away. But no complaints about the screen from me. I also have similar screen protectors on my D750 and D600-IR conversion.

Just this afternoon I had to replace the screen protector on my new-ish Motorola cellphone. It got an impact crack this past week, but the screen underneath was undamaged.

dachshund

Julia Adair King says in her D5600 guidebook not to use a screen protector as it may inhibit the use of the touch-screen functions. I don’t use touch-screens so I can’t speak to that issue, just something to keep in mind...