Chicago Loop, 2008 (inspired by Buanadha)

BF Hammer

I did a walk in downtown Chicago back in 2008. At the time I was shooting a D80 and using an older 24mm f/2.8D lens. Difference today is that I revisited the original Jpegs (this is before Raw processing for me) and worked them in RawTherapee. Originally I would have just made small adjustements in Picasa.

Chicago Loop 2008 E.jpgChicago Loop 2008 C.jpg
Chicago Loop 2008 D.jpgChicago Loop 2008 B.jpgChicago Loop 2008 A.jpgChicago Loop 2008 F.jpgChicago Loop 2008 G.jpgChicago Loop 2008 H.jpg

They look a lot better today when I straighten out the crookedness in post. And I also reduced the effect of vertical perspective distortion in the lens.

Last edited:

Peter7100

I did a walk in downtown Chicago back in 2008. At the time I was shooting a D80 and using the kit 18-135mm lens. Difference today is that I revisited the original Jpegs (this is before Raw processing for me) and worked them in RawTherapee. Originally I would have just made small adjustements in Picasa.

View attachment 379435View attachment 379437
View attachment 379436View attachment 379438View attachment 379439View attachment 379442View attachment 379441View attachment 379440

They look a lot better today when I straighten out the crookedness in post. And I also reduced the effect of vertical perspective distortion in the lens.

Great series Chris. These remind me of Pierre T Lambert who often goes round Chicago taking street shots.

BF Hammer

Nice series of Chicago photos, BH. I have never visited Chicago, other than the airport to change planes.

It is not common for me to go downtown. Mainly I have to take a trip to the suburbs from time to time. This time I was meeting up for a gathering of wristwatch collectors. We did a guided walk to the higher-end watch sellers and drooled over their inventory.

Chicago Loop 2008 Gang.jpg