MF (Manual focus)

Instead, I get a menu with the options:
AF-S (Single-servo AF)
AF-F (Full-time servo AF)
MF (Manual focus)

d5600_focusmode_liveview-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Zvi, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

BF Hammer

Exit LiveView. AF-continuous is only available with phase detect which is detected off-sensor. AF-A makes no sense if AF-C is not available. Thus you are seeing all autofocus options available for LiveView.

Last edited:

BF Hammer

LiveView should be just a button or maybe a lever on back of camera. You still can use the screen for menu options. What LiveView does is raise the mirror and open the shutter and behaves like it does while while shooting video. The viewfinder becomes blocked and features/operation change. That is why you lose autofocus options. I never used a D5600 so the rest is up to you to consult your user manual.

Zvi

Thank you all.
I solved the problem by resetting the settings, a factory reset, by pressing and holding the 2 buttons by the 2 green dots (the MENU and the info buttons).
Now I can get the full focus mode with all the options, although I'm in Live view.