Beware of amazon.com got ripped off on my d610

NVSteve

yesterday I got my d610 from amazon.com it was the camera (body only) with accessories for free which was a tripod,nikon battery grip, memory card 32gb and a camera bag.

I can understand your frustration. I would have been pretty pissed too. From what I have seen with Amazon and cameras, Amazon does not directly sell bundled kits themselves-at least not the cheesy upsell kits that include a tripod, generic flash card, etc. Those are all through other vendors, so if I were you, I'd send a note to that particular vendor.

cadomniel

I would only buy camera and lenses from an authorized dealer. Amazon.ca is very bad and sells a lot of returned items, open box , grey market stuff but do not clearly identify that in their offer. Several people bought D750 on amazon.ca and thought they were saving a couple hundred but they were grey market. Not worth it in my opinion.

anyway so now they have scammers selling us fake D610's. What is the world coming to????

I always prefer buying such expensive items from Adorama or B&H. The thing with Amazon and eBay is that, they do not have a good check on the sellers. Sometimes you can get fake items, like fake cables and batteries. Ofcourse they issue you a refund if you find out.
Another thing i have noticed buying from Amazon is that, most of the time they will charge you a sales tax, so for a $2000 item, you may end up paying upto $80-100 tax. That does not happen with Adorama or B&H, i have personal experience about this. I know it depends where you live, i live in Maryland.

Pretzel

I've had a similar experience recently with a couple of "fulfilled by Amazon" orders. BOTH times, though, Amazon immediately gave me pre-paid shipping labels and refunds, and in the last instance, express shipped (next day) the item for free. I was angry then, too, but it settled quickly. My only real complaint is that you have to ASK for special consideration... but I understand starting with a minimal offer and having room to go up to "satisfaction" as needed.

On the last order, the merchant using Amazon to fulfill their orders also contacted me VERY quickly to make sure everything had been handled to my satisfaction. Sometimes things happen, but if you're using reputable companies, it almost always works out in the long run.

EDIT: Having said all of that, though, most of my LARGE purchases are bought locally, so if there's an issue, I have an immediate contact, drop-off, trade, etc. Plus, for the cost of tax, I have instant delivery. ;)

Last edited:

conphoto76

I always prefer buying such expensive items from Adorama or B&H. The thing with Amazon and eBay is that, they do not have a good check on the sellers. Sometimes you can get fake items, like fake cables and batteries. Ofcourse they issue you a refund if you find out.
Another thing i have noticed buying from Amazon is that, most of the time they will charge you a sales tax, so for a $2000 item, you may end up paying upto $80-100 tax. That does not happen with Adorama or B&H, i have personal experience about this. I know it depends where you live, i live in Maryland.

I live in new jersey and I know they are suppose to have a huge distrubution center that opened or is about to. i know they are suppose to tax stuff.but I learned my lesson from all of this. im gonna get a full frame but will wait a year def getting it at b&h