Best of the D7100

coolbus18

b&w negative, hand held in front lens.jpg
So I hand held a b&w film negative in front of a Nikkor 55mm Micro f/2.8 and got this.Yeah I'll get an ES-1 but this was fun to do.

RON_RIP

Young Prince David seems to be contemplating the future_DSC2863 - Version 2.jpg

Still trying out my refurbished D7100. It does seem to gather light a bit better than my 7000. Like many a craftsman, I know how to use my tools without necessarily understanding all the working parts. For instance, Nikon raves about the Expeed 3 processor but I am not sure what role it plays in the cameras overall function. Is it primarily for processing JPEG's or or does it have broader role to play in the camera's function? Perhaps someone with a clearer understanding of this could educate me as to why it is so important

Horoscope Fish

... For instance, Nikon raves about the Expeed 3 processor but I am not sure what role it plays in the cameras overall function. Is it primarily for processing JPEG's or or does it have broader role to play in the camera's function? Perhaps someone with a clearer understanding of this could educate me as to why it is so important
Nikon, as a rule, does not disclose the particulars of its technology readily or easily.

Regarding the different processors, here's what they have to say: "The different generations of processor [e.g. Expeed 2 vs. Expeed 3, 4, etc.] will indicate improvements in areas such as processing speed, image quality, color reproduction and noise reduction, but we will not reveal the specific changes within each model."

More on What Expeed Really Means

Last edited:

RON_RIP

Nikon, as a rule, does not disclose the particulars of its technology readily or easily.

Regarding the different processors, here's what they have to say: "The different generations of processor [e.g. Expeed 2 vs. Expeed 3, 4, etc.] will indicate improvements in areas such as processing speed, image quality, color reproduction and noise reduction, but we will not reveal the specific changes within each model."

More on What Expeed Really Means
Thanks Fish. I read the link and now now no more than i did before. Whoever wrote it probably also writes political speeches. I will just keeping shooting in Raw and ignoring any in camera processing.

dave42

Amazing, Enduro! We've had record warmth. Grass is still so green, as seen in my pic above. No measurable snow yet! Have a great day!

Chris E

Got to try out the refurbished D7100 I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out why I sold my first one and bought my D750. I took some equivalent shots with the two cameras on a pretty detailed subject, and after washing thru LR I can't tell the difference. Jpegs in the D750 are better, but once PP done there is no difference. Anyway, enjoy the first PP pic from the 'new' camera.

DSC_0793.jpg

Last edited: