Back to the future.

DDB

Decided I wanted to go back to shooting some film so I picked up a Nikon FE on ebay. Replaced the light seals and it's loaded with Ilford HP5. Fingers crossed, it's been a while.
20230626_214939.jpg

Clovishound

I shot film for many, many years. I understand the appeal, but doubt I will ever shoot another roll of film myself, unless it's helping my niece using my dad's old Rollie TLR.

Fred Kingston

I have no less than 5 different film cameras sitting on my desk with film in them... and 2 rolls of exposed film sitting here waiting to go to the processors...

Scott Murray

I have a couple of film cameras, and even though I do not use them a lot I do like the feel when I go back to them. It also makes me slow down and think about the image I am about to take.

Clovishound

There was no taking several hundred images on a casual outing with film. I spent a couple hours at the Audubon Swamp yesterday and took several hundred pictures. Back in the day, between film and processing it was at least $30 a hundred for color film and processing IIRC. I just looked on Amazon and that would only cover the film these days. Checking a mail in processing, it looks like another $60/100 for processing.

Makes $1400 for a decent digital camera body seem like a bargain.

Clovishound

Well, I only did a quick search, as I'm not planning on getting back into film shooting. Still, since it is more of a niche now, I'm sure it's more expensive, inflation adjusted, than it was a couple decades ago. Of course, the cheap way to go is to process and scan the negatives. Still, it's an expensive you don't have with digital.

Having said that, if it was all about expensive, we could just download pictures off the internet for free.