Anyone making slideshows?

Clovishound

I have Gigapixel. I don't have an issue with needing to upscale my images. All of them are over 4K of 3840x2160. In fact, I have been having to downsize them to keep PS from running too slow. Batch mode sounds good, if nothing else I might try batching them, but keep the upscale at 1x with a JPG output. In future, I might consider exporting 3 files when processing a new photo. One full sized TIF, one 3840 JPG, and a 1500 JPG. One for printing, one for slide shows, and one for posting.

Out of curiosity Fred, what size and extension file do you use to make a slide show?

Also, I'm considering reworking the first couple videos to 4K. What is the best way to handle that? Post the upgraded as a new video with the same title but adding something like Cypress Gardens part 1: upgraded to 4K, or just delete the original and then post the new one using the same name, perhaps adding 4K to the end of the name?

Fred Kingston

I use iMovie. it doesn't like tiff, so I use jpg... I use Lightroom for the catalogue and my main editor... and I generally print stuff 11X14 on a Canon printer, so my general work all gets sized for those dimensions. Lightroom lets me export stuff with a template and all I have to do is change the DPI for the particular use... 72 if 'm posting to social media, and 300 if I'm printing or exporting for video... That seems to be plenty... they're usually anywhere from 6M-50M files.

I do need to pay more attention to sizing... Your thread here has caused me to review my processes... Thanks...:)

Clovishound

Yeah, I need to get a little more organized. I thought I had duplicated some of the pictures in the latest 4k I posted, and so I deleted it to rework it. I have since discovered I didn't duplicate anything, I just had a file naming issue. I'm sure that some of the other software is easier to use than PS for this kind of work. Right now I don't think I'll be doing enough of it to justify buying another piece of software and then learning how to use it.

Here's the new link.

BF Hammer

You have competition from Gavin Hardcastle the past couple of weeks. He has been posting videos from a trip to Texas bayou country.