Aggravating thing just happened..

Slipperman

a few months back i realized that i lost the front body cap for my D750 so i ordered a replacement through Amazon (rear lens caps were included).
it was delivered a couple days ago and i tried the lens cap first with no problems. then i tried the front body cap. it went on with no issues at all - just slipped right in there - but now i can't remove it. it's completely stuck and i can barely turn the thing in an attempt to loosen it.
Unbelievable. returning the camera to Nikon seems a bit silly for such a stupid thing but i might not have any choice. i can't use it.
any suggestions for either removing the cap or how to send the camera back to Nikon??

Amazon

BF Hammer

I think of the embarrassing things so you don't have to. Lefty-loosey, Righty-tighty? Opposite that for Nikon mounts. Also is it some weird aftermarket cap that might lock on and require pressing the lens release button?

Beyond that, try making a large wadded ball out of duck tape, with sticky stuff out. If your hands are dry the tape sticks to your fingers as well as the cap. Larger the ball, more torque you can apply. Remember proper jar opening technique and keep your wrist straight to begin breaking the cap loose so the full length of your wrist becomes a lever. The longer the lever, more torque.

Last edited:

Needa

Challenge Team
To mount a lens, match up the mounting index dots on the lens and camera body, insert the base of the lens into the mount and then turn the lens counterclockwise until it locks in place. Pressing the lens release button on the body and turning the lens about a quarter turn clockwise will remove it.

Direction should be the same for the body cap.

Clovishound

BF: surprised you didn't suggest this:

Lawyers warning "Do NOT attempt to remove your body cap with a large hammer. Picture included for humor only!"

98258_W3.jpg

Slipperman

BF: surprised you didn't suggest this:

Lawyers warning "Do NOT attempt to remove your body cap with a large hammer. Picture included for humor only!"

98258_W3.jpg
lol..
how bout a large wrench? :) that's what i used out of frustration and the cap came right out after turning clockwise toward the white dot. no obvious damage to the camera or the cap. all i needed was more leverage.

actually it was pliers..

Attachments

• pliers.jpg
    pliers.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

BF Hammer

Slipperman, happy you extracted the cap! But I had no idea what tools you had at your disposal, so I went to the handyman's secret weapon.

Clovis, the BF hammer is always an option. However it is always the last option. LOL

Slipperman

Slipperman, happy you extracted the cap! But I had no idea what tools you had at your disposal, so I went to the handyman's secret weapon.

Clovis, the BF hammer is always an option. However it is always the last option. LOL
not a problem. you're the one who gave me the idea about leverage.