Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New media comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Nikon DSLR Cameras
D7200
A D7200 after all this time
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="bluzman" data-source="post: 848088" data-attributes="member: 47800"><p>I decided to see what the buzz is all about when it comes to the D7200.</p><p></p><p>Lately, I've sold off all of my "late model" DX DSLRs (D7500, D500, D5600) and have acquired several USED, low shutter count, older models, both DX and FX. I bought a D3400, a D750 (again) and a D5300. I also was given a D3300. In almost all instances, these cameras had features that were removed from later versions.</p><p></p><p>I shoot mostly wildlife and my Z6iii and Z50ii take care of my needs for that genre. OTOH, I still enjoy shooting DSLRs, hence the addition of the older models. Along with the bodies, I've also been pairing them up with the old kit lenses that they might been have sold with when they were released. And, BTW, when firmware updates were available, I installed them. No one should be surprised that these combos still can produce wonderful pictures as long as I do my part.</p><p></p><p>Since I have older D3XXX and D5XXX models, it seemed like an older D7XXX body was in order. I considered a D7100 but was put off by the shallow buffer. Then I found a deal (<$400) on a D7200 with just over a 10K shutter count. It arrived yesterday. It has the appearance of a new body, the sensor is uncontaminated, and it is totally functional. It didn't have the latest firmware so I downloaded the file and installed it with no problems. I had planned on getting it out in the field this morning but, for the first time in weeks, it was raining here in North Texas so no joy. When I do get it out, I'll post some pix.</p><p></p><p>As side note, when I checked on the firmware version, I freaked out. There was a list of items (A, B, etc), none of which were the ones I was accustomed to seeing. A bit of research explained what I was seeing. Still, when I installed the latest update, it was with some trepidation that I might brick my latest acquisition before I ever got to use it. After the install, only the usual suspects appeared (C and L), but the process reset many parameters to their default values so I had to go back through the menus to reconfigure them to my preferences.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="bluzman, post: 848088, member: 47800"] I decided to see what the buzz is all about when it comes to the D7200. Lately, I've sold off all of my "late model" DX DSLRs (D7500, D500, D5600) and have acquired several USED, low shutter count, older models, both DX and FX. I bought a D3400, a D750 (again) and a D5300. I also was given a D3300. In almost all instances, these cameras had features that were removed from later versions. I shoot mostly wildlife and my Z6iii and Z50ii take care of my needs for that genre. OTOH, I still enjoy shooting DSLRs, hence the addition of the older models. Along with the bodies, I've also been pairing them up with the old kit lenses that they might been have sold with when they were released. And, BTW, when firmware updates were available, I installed them. No one should be surprised that these combos still can produce wonderful pictures as long as I do my part. Since I have older D3XXX and D5XXX models, it seemed like an older D7XXX body was in order. I considered a D7100 but was put off by the shallow buffer. Then I found a deal (<$400) on a D7200 with just over a 10K shutter count. It arrived yesterday. It has the appearance of a new body, the sensor is uncontaminated, and it is totally functional. It didn't have the latest firmware so I downloaded the file and installed it with no problems. I had planned on getting it out in the field this morning but, for the first time in weeks, it was raining here in North Texas so no joy. When I do get it out, I'll post some pix. As side note, when I checked on the firmware version, I freaked out. There was a list of items (A, B, etc), none of which were the ones I was accustomed to seeing. A bit of research explained what I was seeing. Still, when I installed the latest update, it was with some trepidation that I might brick my latest acquisition before I ever got to use it. After the install, only the usual suspects appeared (C and L), but the process reset many parameters to their default values so I had to go back through the menus to reconfigure them to my preferences. [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Nikon DSLR Cameras
D7200
A D7200 after all this time
Top