Autofocus problem

mike4mula

New member
While on a trip recently my D750 developed a problem. I had a 16-35 zoom on, and it would focus but not trigger the shutter until I switched the M, and I could now take the picture. I changed lenses to a medium zoom and it worked in autofocus, so I thought there was something wrong with the lens. Then a few days later the same thing happened, this time with the medium zoom. I changed to a 50 mm lens, and so far, so good. I tried the zoom lenses on a D80 body and they work fine, autofocusing and triggering. Any suggestions on what could be wrong with the D750?
 

BF Hammer

Senior Member
I am imagining you might be using back-button focus and are not properly in AF-C mode. Combined with the menu setting of release on focus only active. If you lift your thumb off the AF-on button you can lose the focus from movement in the time you take to press the shutter release. Sometimes you have to hold that button in right through taking the photo.

But that is me trying to imagine an answer without knowing how you are actually trying to take your photo. There really is no usual way, especially when things are not happening as expected.
 
Top