Post Your Automotive Shots!

pnomanikon

For sale fresh patina....

Wow - lots of great memories there. My grandfather had a 1962 Chevy Pickup very similar to this except it was a stepside with wood floors for hauling cows to the auction.

When I stayed with them in the summers, I would ride in the bed on our weekly trip into town for shopping and groceries. He never drove above 35 MPH.

If it was raining, I would ride inside and listen to the fuel sloshing around in the upright tank inside the cab right behind the bench seat. (Note the filler is just behind the driver's door handle!)

GMGPAlt truck.jpg
A photo of my grandparents with the old '62 Chevy truck back around 1980. When they died (1990 and 1992), the truck had just rolled over 32,000 miles.
( 230ci I-6, "3 on the tree")

Last edited:

pnomanikon

Question is, where is that truck now.

When my grandfather passed in 1990, I was stationed in Alaska. I could not get off to come to the funeral. A month later, my mother sold the truck back to the Chevy dealer (probably for $100) and I never saw it again. :heart-borken: :upset:

crashton

Wow - lots of great memories there. My grandfather had a 1962 Chevy Pickup very similar to this except it was a stepside with wood floors for hauling cows to the auction.

When I stayed with them in the summers, I would ride in the bed on our weekly trip into town for shopping and groceries. He never drove above 35 MPH.

If it was raining, I would ride inside and listen to the fuel sloshing around in the upright tank inside the cab right behind the bench seat. (Note the filler is just behind the driver's door handle!)

View attachment 336597
A photo of my grandparents with the old '62 Chevy truck back around 1980. When they died (1990 and 1992), the truck had just rolled over 32,000 miles.

I love this picture, a great memory to have. :encouragement:

Bikerbrent

Oh, does this bring back memories. In the 50's I use to ride in the bed of my uncles Ford pickup when he drove from Kamas to Salt Lake City to re-stalk his drugstore. Unfortunately because of today's Nanny State, kids will never experience the joy of riding in the back of a pickup.

bluzman

For those who remember NPR's Car Talk with Tom and Ray Magliozzi, aka "Click and Clack, The Tappet Brothers" here's my '08 Mazda MX-5 along side my brother's original '90 model.

DSCN0069c.jpg