Post your latest purchases.

RockyNH_RIP

Here are my latest..... (Santa brought them!) :)

Manfrotto 680B Monopod 4-SCTN.... with the Manfrotto 234RC Monopod Head Quick Release

manfrotto monopod.jpg manfrotto qr head.jpg

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod with SBH 100 Ball Head! (came with a carry bag..)

Vanguard.jpg vanguard head.jpg

Very pleased with the quality and versatility of both... (Santa was good to me!)

Pat in NH

gqtuazon

Gear Head

wev

Contributor
Yep. The AT has an articulated center column that is very useful when shooting plant specimens in the nursery or doing macro documentation of maker's marks on silver

263at.jpg

wev

Contributor
Bill, my AB is the same AT tripod but ships as a kit with the B100 ball head ... very versatile unit...

Pat in NH

Of course; my mistake -- forgot that Vanguard uses a separate number for combos. Yours is the same as mine. A tip for out in the field: I slip an old nylon lens bag (Tamron's are very sturdy) over the ball head in the bag -- it's perfect as a anchor bag filled with a few rocks and clipped to the end of the column.

RockyNH_RIP

Of course; my mistake -- forgot that Vanguard uses a separate number for combos. Yours is the same as mine. A tip for out in the field: I slip an old nylon lens bag (Tamron's are very sturdy) over the ball head in the bag -- it's perfect as a anchor bag filled with a few rocks and clipped to the end of the column.

Thx for the tip... I would not have thought of that... I will go and see what I have! I am really impressed with the tripod.. spent some time maling all kinds of configurations in the family room!

Pat in NH

2MuchTurbo

2013-12-26 16.18.20.jpg

Took all year of rolling pocket change and some extra saving on the side but TODAY was the day!!!!!

Got myself a new Nikon D7100, with the 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens, a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens, and a Vanguard messenger bag to hold it all! Also grabbed a copy of "Nikon D7100 for dummies" to help familiarize myself with the new equipment!

(note the photo was taken with my cellphone and NOT the new camera lol)

Time to read up on the new camera!!!

Dave9072

Still waiting on the UPS guy, suspense is killing me!

Well due to circumstances beyond my control plus a pretty weird series of events, The D800 turned into a -

nikon-digital-slr-d610-thumbnail-i-am.jpg

and I'm quite happy about it. Been away for awhile but I promise to get some new photos uploaded taken with this awesome camera.