Post Your Automotive Shots!

Sandpatch

Taken at the annual Volkswagen gathering called Southern Worthersee in German-esque Helen, GA, this is a typical hotel scene. Our VW is in the line-up. It's said that the gathering pulls nearly 2,000 VW fans together.

2012-05-19 Helen GA - Southern Worthersee Our Hotel Parking Lot 2 - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

mikeh32217

Taken at the annual Volkswagen gathering called Southern Worthersee in German-esque Helen, GA, this is a typical hotel scene. Our WV is in the line-up. It's said that the gathering pulls nearly 2,000 VW fans together.

Helen, GA what a beautiful little village, been there many times while camping at Unicoi and Vogel.

mikeh32217

It was our first time to Helen, GA and we too enjoyed it. We ate at the Troll Tavern - Dinner and Entertainment in Helen, Georgia . The food was great and while we ate, we had fun watching people on tubes float by on the Chattahoochie. My wife enjoys camping and has mentioned Unicoi for lodging next time.

Unicoi and Volgel both have very nice camping facilities, whether RV or tent and plenty to do; hiking, backpacking, paddleboats/kayaks (Vogel) or just enjoying the view. If your not into ruffing it with RV or tent both places also have cabins for rent, haven't seen the insides of them but from outside they look real nice.
I love to hike and backpack and the Appalachian Trail is close and the area around there is awesome and photo ops numerous.
I have seen the Troll Tavern but we usually eat on the other side of the bridge and I don't know the name of the place but it's pretty popular.

bechdan

Citroen 3CV in dark blue, this is nothing special and I only managed to take one quick picture as the owners were looking at me oddly through the window!
Ive edited the license plate btw.

click for bigger

3cvgs_zpsb72852e6.jpg

Vincent

There was an event in Luxembourg today: Esch Roadshow. I did not go in but took some pictures around.

dodge_challenger_ta_-_wm.jpg
old_roadster_-_wm.jpg
lancia_stratos_rally_-_wm.jpg

This is one from last week and old couple that had this car for 20 years was driving it far from home, a 1932 Rolls Royes
rolls_royce_1932_-_wm.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
They've fixed up the original cars from the 1930's and are now using them to transport tourists (at a very hefty price, that is).

_DW13307.jpg