Post your flower pics

Michael J.

file.php

ladytonya

Well, I shot some flowers outside my office yesterday evening. This is my first attempt so be kind! I was using a D3100 and the kit lens, posted with no processing. I started shooting RAW and ended up on Fine because I had changed some settings for some pictures but I didn't like what I ended up with so I reset. Was kinda bummed because I have been shooting mostly RAW. Anyway, here are some of my favorites.......

DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0012.jpg
I started shooting because I love these big flowers. I shot about 20 of just these, LOL!

DSC_0014.jpg DSC_0016.jpg
The pink ones didn't want to let me get a good focus on it. I liked how the background was blurring but I couldn't get the flowers to focus. Maybe next time I'll try shooting with my 55-200 instead of the 18-55 to get more zoom?

DSC_0023.jpg

I just liked the orange color of this one. I think maybe I need to crop it? I have iPhoto and the editing ability on the camera itself but haven't really played with either. I've had my camera for two weeks and have done nothing with processing, I am beyond beginner!

Pretzel

See, now your make mine like like they were taken with an old 4 mp point and shoot. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have seen my first shots... ;) You keep shootin'. Pretty soon you, and the rest of us, will be amazed at your mad skills! BTW, for very basic, entry-level photo processing (per your other post), check out Picasa. It's VERY basic, but starts letting you see some of the fun in your current photos until you start mastering the settings.

ladytonya

Thanks! Picasa is a Google product, it getting installed on any computer of mine, at least not an OS X computer. I have played around in iPhoto and might eventually get Aperture if I really get in to processing what I shoot. Right now I'm just having a blast shooting the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deezey

We've got a few of those in the neighborhood too. :) Here's a little different perspective on the same group, just a slight shift in focus. I over-exposed a bit on purpose, after a few test shots, to get the detail in the cones I wanted.

View attachment 43694

View attachment 43695

I absolutely love coneflowers. And as an added bonus birds love them too. Unfortunately with mine I have a red brick wall as a backdrop on those if I had shot more from the side. It seemed to take something away from it for me. So I went the basic full frontal.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2