Recent content by tonye

  1. tonye

    October 2026 Monthly Assignment: Seasonal

    Great choice, I might even have a go this month.
  2. tonye

    Hi New Member. Old Nikon 5700

    At this point I would get into the big boy world and get myself a half decent DSLR with a low count and a couple of lenses for not much money. Try fleebay for second hand kit, I managed to rob a D600 FX for less than £100 but there's some other light weight models out there as well with 24MP ie...
  3. tonye

    What are you listening too right now....

    Smooth FM in the UK, with a nice glass of scotch, just chilling 😎
  4. tonye

    Trying to solve the eyeglass fogging situation

    Bathroom mirror idea works, I use a drop of pot wash solution neat and polish it off with a dry micro fibre cloth, does the job great. Bathroom mirror on the other hand just gets a wipe with a soapy hand, the wife goes mad 😇
  5. tonye

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    I believe you can get something for that 😇
  6. tonye

    What Are Some Simple Tips for Taking Better Photos?

    Welcome aboard, When you decide what you really want to shoot have a good look around YouTube, tons of info out there. You will find some in depth info and beginners guides as well as lens and camera info and reviews on kit. The main thing is click away, experiment but most of all have fun...
  7. tonye

    FTZ adapter

    BF, Over to you mate.
  8. tonye

    Hi all

    Hi Bill and welcome aboard, I'm a bit north of you, quite a bit, LANCASHIRE, you have the sea i have the hills. I also shoot on a D600 ( same camera different number due to repairs via Nikon ). As you get into your new hobby you will probably be looking into other lenses, don't overlook...
  9. tonye

    Couple new DX lenses for my new D7500

    The 11-16 is a great lens for landscape, the 70-300 is a bit more robust with the metal mount ring so treat the 55- 300 with extra care. Sounds like you have most bases covered. Maybe a 2x is next on the list.
  10. tonye

    Nikon 24-120 S Lens

    PS, sometimes a bit of sun flare makes a shot a great shot.
  11. tonye

    Nikon 24-120 S Lens

    Personally, would just ditch the hood and use my hand if i had a problem, i have lots of lenses all with the correct hood but very rarely use them.
Top