Recent content by hark

  1. hark

    Oops something went wrong... message

    I reached out to jdeg a short time ago, and he fixed whatever was causing the issue ... at least for now. Thanks for the screenshots. I wasn't even able to get on the forum and see them. But now I understand what you mean.
  2. hark

    Oops something went wrong... message

    From here on the forum? If so and if it happens again, would you please take a screenshot and post it? Thanks.
  3. hark

    New Member, New Nikon Owner

    Hello and welcome! Yes ... Pentax used to be one of the biggest names back then. Nice to have you here with us. :)
  4. hark

    Photoshop 2026 and editing software problems

    Recently I updated my late model 2015 iMac to a new 2024 iMac M4 and never expected the problems I've run into with photo editing. Photoshop 2026 is different because I had to use an older version of Photoshop (2023) as well as an older version of Camera RAW on my 2015 iMac (I prefer CR over...
  5. hark

    A D7200 after all this time

    The D7500 uses the same sensor as the D500 but only has one card slot. The D7200 has two card slots. When Nikon came out with the D7500, they removed some of the features (and downgraded others) that were on the D7200. Nikon also did away with the D3x00 and D5x00 series when the D7500 was...
  6. hark

    A D7200 after all this time

    I had two D7200 bodies and sold one since I also have a D500. Plus I have a refurbished D7100. There is no comparison between the D7200 and D7100. You chose the better one. I don't use my D7200 very often, but it is reliable and is a tank. Enjoy using it!
  7. hark

    D7000 Upgrade?

    What are you planning to use the built-in flash for? It is such a low wattage flash, that it won't illuminate like a dedicated flash. My suggestions would be the D850 or the D500. The D850 has such a large sensor, you'd be able to crop and still wind up with great images. The sensor of the...
  8. hark

    Nikon D300 mirror stuck up — sequence seems reversed (software issue?)

    Did you try what @Needa suggested? It's kind of an electrical reset. When I was out in a snow squall, the shutter button stopped autofocusing. Back button focus worked fine though. Eventually I decided to give those directions a try, and it resolved my camera's issue (it was a D7200 body).
  9. hark

    slow and slower

    Some members are uploading photos that are much larger than jdeg requests. And when that happens, sometimes it takes those images a while to load. Coupled with internet speeds that might not be as fast as some others, it can affect how fast a page loads. I've run into myself here a few times.
  10. hark

    Refurbished D7500's now $499 at Nikon

    It has the sensor of the D500 so certainly it isn't a slouch! Have fun with your D7500.
  11. hark

    Hello from Prince Edward Island, Canada/Z6II and cannot get the sub selector to move my focus point.

    I don't have that camera body, but is the focus point locked? My Nikon DSLR bodies have a switch for L on the back which will lock the focus point no matter how much I press the arrow keys to move it.
  12. hark

    Nikon z6 with Godox IT32 with X5N trigger - TTL -HSS issue

    I don't have that particular trigger, but check to see if there is a distance setting for the trigger. I believe it's if the camera is 1 meter away and greater or less than 1 meter. It's a known issue if the setting is incorrect. Question for you ... does the trigger take batteries? If so, you...
  13. hark

    ON1 NoNoise 2024 Free Through Today

    A friend just texted me this link to get ON1 NoNoise 2024 free through today only. There is an option to purchase ON1 Photo RAW 2026 for $49.99 which is to own it outright according to their info (these aren't subscription based software). Who has used them? Your thoughts on how well they work...
  14. hark

    General Architecture and Structure Parts

    Sunday I ate dinner at the Langhorne Hotel for the first and last time. Sadly this historic building is slated to be sold (although not sure to whom). Since I've been enjoying photographing historic buildings this year, I went on Wednesday and took a few photos. But the sky wasn't as nice as I'd...
  15. hark

    Tether Tools Cable for D750

    Not one that is a right angle. I might wind up getting the Tether Tools one. But before I do, I'm looking at clamps. There is a way to clamp the cable to keep it from getting pulled out of the camera.
Top