What is Lawrence up to - 2015?

RON_RIP

Should be interesting. Be sure to post results. I am seriously considering my 60mm micro, which Inow refer to as my Nifty Sixty, for some portraits. Maybe switch off between it and my 50 and see which will do better.

Lawrence

Should be interesting. Be sure to post results. I am seriously considering my 60mm micro, which Inow refer to as my Nifty Sixty, for some portraits. Maybe switch off between it and my 50 and see which will do better.

it (the 60mm) will be awesome for portraits @RON. I now have a bunch of portrait lenses: Nikon 35mm 1.8, the Nikon 50mm 1.8 and the Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro. I am hoping to add the Sigma 50-150 f2.8 to my arsenal next week and would even use that for the compression and soft creamy smooth bokeh I hope it will provide.

I have used my 70-300 for portraits too and that has beautiful bokeh.

Today's shoot is with my daughter and her husband so should be fun.

Lawrence

My daughter and son-in-law came to visit today just so I could shoot them. Took heaps of photos; mostly with my new nifty fifty and boy is it a good little lens.

The first two of many to come off the block.

Charles#1-.jpg

Farris #1-.jpg

Lawrence

I am going to have fun processing these photos.

Here is a black and white. Have yet to do the colour and i think it will be even better.

Charles and Farris B&W#1-.jpg

Lawrence

The idea behind taking this shot was to include it in my collection of background shots for use later on in PS. I don't do much by way of changing photos but have seen some good results where the background has been appropriately changed.
Be a shame not to be able to use it.

Angry sky-.jpg

Lawrence

In my quest for "something" inspirational I spoke to an artist (the painting variety) today and she told me a couple of tales relating to her journey.

One of these anectodes was where an art teacher once made her cut up one of her paintings into several pieces and then have her put it together again, much like a jigsaw. The catch was to not assemble it back to the original painting but to come up with something different.

What the heck - may as well give it a go. Didn't do anything for my inspiration but it was fun.

Mystery flower-.jpg

RON_RIP

In my quest for "something" inspirational I spoke to an artist (the painting variety) today and she told me a couple of tales relating to her journey.

One of these anectodes was where an art teacher once made her cut up one of her paintings into several pieces and then have her put it together again, much like a jigsaw. The catch was to not assemble it back to the original painting but to come up with something different.

What the heck - may as well give it a go. Didn't do anything for my inspiration but it was fun.

View attachment 180495
I am glad that Van Gogh did not have that art teacher.

Lawrence

I'm getting paid for a job I did this morning.
Really pleased with the results.
This is one of the many i took. So many yet to process.

Sandy and Lynne-.jpg