Marcel's once in a while daily or weekly 2014

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Merry X-mas to all! This is a gift from my loved one that I knew about but am so happy to get.

X-mas dog.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Too cold to go out with the cameras today so the poor cat is getting annoyed with this picture thing.

Seems to be saying: "Just leave me alone will ya!"

DSCF6011.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, it's with a bit of sadness that I will post for the last time in this thread. Yes, this is my last posting for 2014. Hopefully I'll be able to continue my search for good light and images through the next year.

I want to thank all of you that have been visiting my thread, encouraging me to pursue this venue.

On this note, here are a few shots that I did this afternoon in the bloody cold windy weather with my Df.

See you all next year and Happy New Year to all Nikonites members.

Lonely lake skater
Lonely skater.jpg

Abstract frozen river (rotated 90 degrees CC)
ice abstract.jpg

Frozen log
frozen log.jpg

Crushed log
glace2.jpg

glace 1.jpg

RON_RIP

Happy new year to you Marcel and , of course, to all my fellow Nikonites. Your photos, Marcel, have been an inspiration and am looking forward to following your postings in the new year. You definitely have me lusting after the DF.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
@Marcel, Great shots and thanks for sharing them with us.

Have to ask because you said they were with the DF. But what do you think about the DF?
I think the Df is a fine camera that has a great sensor. I just love the colors and mood I get out of these files. But the handling needs a bit of adaptation.

Krs_2007

I think the Df is a fine camera that has a great sensor. I just love the colors and mood I get out of these files. But the handling needs a bit of adaptation.

I keep getting drawn to this camera. Curious are you referring to the layout as far as handling?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Happy new year to you Marcel and , of course, to all my fellow Nikonites. Your photos, Marcel, have been an inspiration and am looking forward to following your postings in the new year. You definitely have me lusting after the DF.

Well, I was lucky to find a used Df with someone that just needed money to pay for tuition and ready to take my D600 in exchange. Otherwise I'd have stayed with the D600 and would probably be very happy with it. I can't say the difference would be worth the $ difference if bought new. I was just seeing the value of my D600 go down with the arrival of the 610 and 750. I'd say that if you could get your hands on a D600 for around 1100.00 $, you'd be very happy with it. Newer models always have something the older ones don't, but at a price. It's when you consider the price difference and you realize that you could use another lens more than a newer body that you think twice.

So I'll repeat what I've been told and have known for a long time: Invest in lenses and use whatever body you have until you have all the lenses you want.