February 2015 Assignment: Light and it's SHADOW
This month's Assignment is mostly about the observation and capture of light and the shadow it can create. It can be an abstract shape or show an object, building or person, but there has to be a direct relationship between light and shadow that is predominant part of the image.
It can be B&W or color, as long as the image was captured with a Nikon camera between February 1st and 28th 2015.
Good luck to all and enjoy your Nikons.
Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so. Assignments are to make all of us photographers think outside the box also.
- Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
- Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. Links to photos will not be considered an entry.
- Only three photo entries per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
- Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
- Judging criteria is based on the numbers of "Likes" that images will receive from the members of our Forum.
- The panel will select 5 shots from the most "Liked" images to be displayed in the Monthly Challenge forum and homepage of the site.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.
Any photo taken with a Nikon will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.