Nikon bag

srac2000

I want to buy a cool Nikon bag . Where do i buy it from?

Attachments

• neon.jpg
    neon.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,238

Curt

I just bought a Ape case (Norazza) ACPRO-100 , I love it. You might want to take a look at it, you won’t be disappointed.

fotojack

You might want to look over the LowePro bags, too. They make excellent products, and I'm sure you'd find something to fit your needs. I myself have the LowePro Slingshot 202 AW, and I fit every piece of gear I own in it. Fantastic bag at a great price. Well worth it.

Curt

The Norazza Ape Case is just plain black in color and is fairly inconspicuous. It does not draw much attention. The price is great to.
26004521_260.jpg

blueiron

My only complaint about the Ape Case is that it is only available in black. In the early 80's, that was inconspicuous, now it screams "tactical" or the like. The same went for Zero Halliburton and Pelican cases.

CL Extreme

I have to agree, Thinktank makes some nice and useful bags and cases. the Belt system they have is a great system if your into event photography.

Curt

Think Tank does make very nice camera cases, but the cost is pretty high.
I bought my Ape Case for under $60.00 and it is a very nice case. Holds camera body w/battery grip, a couple lenses, flash unit, G10 (camera), and accessories.
For the money you can't go wrong with Ape.

fotojack

The Norazza Ape Case is just plain black in color and is fairly inconspicuous. It does not draw much attention. The price is great to.
26004521_260.jpg

Curt, which model did you get, and where did you get it? That looks like a pretty good camera case. I watched the video demo on it, and I'm impressed!

Curt

Jack, I ordered my Norazza ACPRO 1000 on line here in Canada (buy.com).
It’s a very good quality camera case, lots of pockets; you can design the inside to your needs. I am very happy with it. My only regret is that I did not order the bigger bag ACPRO1200. It would have allowed for growth. Right now as I said, it holds my D80 w/battery grip, two lenses, Speedlight (SB 600) and a pocket left over for my Canon G10.
Plus lots of little side pockets for batteries, cleaning supplies, etc. I highly recommend the case, but I would maybe go to the 1200??
http://ca.buy.com/SR/SearchResults.aspx?qu=ape%20case&sort=3

Curt

Believe me I am not questioning the quality of the product. I was just saying its a bit pricey, for me anyway.....:).

blueiron

I understand and I am not unhappy with my ApeCase, my LowePro stuff, nor my ThinkTank gear.

All are excellent value for the money, but because ThinkTank sews their stuff to beyond what is needed, it will hold up for years in travel and use.

Because the board has such a varied level of expertise and needs, I wanted to point out the excellent [ApeCase] and the bulletproof [ThinkTank].

Members can select according to their needs and wants.

pjl

I tried out a number of bags in the camera shop.
Got the Lowepro Flipside 300.
2 strap backpack style, with carry handle on top of the bag.
Holds the D80, 50, 60, 85, 180, sb600, 18-55 AND 55-200.
AND: I can strap on a monopod or tripod and carry that TOO!
(Yes, it's kinda heavy; no, I don't pack alllll my lenses allll the time...)

I didn't like the one-strap, over-the-shoulder bags; too unwieldy and unbalanced for me.
I could feel future neck/shoulder cramps and hear myself complaining...

A lot of my landscapes are from waaaaay up in the hills or waaaay down in a creekbed.
I liked the backpack style.
I can hike around and not worry about losing my bag or having to shift it shoulder to shoulder to get around.

I've beat on it for a couple years; it still stands straight and hasn't lost any seams.

lls-indy

I replaced a 20 year old Lowepro backpack that open in the middle (and still is really good shape but I was bored with it) with the Flipside 300 and I love it. I found that if I pack my gear and actually strap the bag on properly it also takes care of some of the back strain from just having the camera hanging around my neck -- probably a balance thing. It also does exactly what it claims to do, you can swing it around and open the bag without taking it off if you are somewhere that its not convenient to take it off to change a lense or filter -- I would highly recommend it.

jengajoh

I have the Tenba Large messenger bag (in purple) and I love how much it can carry, my laptop, 2 cameras with lenses attached and then maybe 2 more lenses plus accessories, and I can add the stuff from my purse so I don't have to carry that too. It does get very heavy for a messenger bag, and it's big, and I am small. It looks kind of funny.
My other (every day) bag is just a little tamrac bag for camera and extra lens. I am looking for a backpack that can carry almost everything that my Tenba messenger bag carries. I like the Crumpler bags, but not the prices. The lowepro slingshot bags are nice, but I want something more... stylish. :) And less expensive. I think I am too needy.
The search continues.

fotojack

I have the Slingshot 202..the upgrade to the 200. Very versatile and easy to carry, including monopod or tripod. However, I think I will be getting a bigger one in a year or two. I need more space. :)