Yongnuo advice

rocketman122

@mrpbnm
ok this is going to be long and obviously is from years of experience of trial and error.

see this-it will give you a direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INSwZEph8tA very nice

can you write me what gear cameras/lenses/flashes/slaves/stands/umbrella you have please?
there is no need to spend tons of money for flashes or slaves today. $1600. no way. not even a third to spend. those days are over and I have a feeling pocket wizard wont hold for more than two years since the chines slaves give excelletn slaves for very little money.

I have tons of flashes from an old school SB-28 thats a workhorse to an SB700/800/900 to the stellar yongnuo 5600III. its fast and very quick to recycle and when youre under stress sweating and people are waiting, 1 second of recycle time will feel to you like 5. tell me your gear and then well build something great for you.

what does the venue look like? how high is the ceiling? any website with gallery pics? theres so much to talk about but I will try to direct you with how I would handle it and make it the least expensive and most efficient.

we have time to get (till june) you all set up and talk about everything.

it says youre a pro. this your first wedding or paid event or do you shoot other things? that will tell me how detailed I need to explain. if I say something to a pro hell understand better than a hobbyist. just want to know how experienced so I know what you might know or not.

regarding your previous post. yes, I use flashes on the dance floor and for the ceremony and family formals. btw Im not in the US. family formals is between 6:30-8. then guests arrive. and the ceremony here usually starts at 9:30 in the evening. then dancing till 1-3 in the morning. are you from the US? events dont go that long and the ceremony usually is in a different place from the reception. you have to check those details of the ambient light there, if you can use flash or the rules they set in the church or wherever it is.

basically what youll need is
-2 cameras highly suggest FF. not smart to work with one DX and one FF but what you have is what you have.
-lenses 3 are a must/ UWA zoom-midrange zoom-tele zoom and I mean pro level 2.8. a 50 and 85 1.8's would also be great.
-flashes two for the cameras that can be from the yongnuo 568/565 to the SB910. commander mode is not needed at all. CLS is useless and unreliable. only radio slaves to trigger. HSS..possibly needed, although I havent used it yet for any picture.
-slaves-PW to me are not relevant today with the tons of options from yongnuo pixel king and phottix. nothing the 622n cant do for a 4th of the price. more convenience and more more feastures actually. distance is bullshit. never had a situation where I needed to shoot more than 100ft from my flashes and the 622n can do more than that reliably time after time. plus AF assist beam is excellent if you need it.

get back to me and well continue

Iansky

I have 3 x YN560 111 and shoot 2 through umbrellas for portraits, I use the Yongnuo triggers and they are superb and I have recently purchased the Yongnuo radio trigger for Nikon that allows power control on the trigger rather than the heads.

The flashes are brilliant and great value for money and to date I have used them for a few paid shoots without problems.

They are a very economical and versatile unit that delivers consistent output and offers a good range of variable power so as long as you are ok using manual flash they are great value for money.

mrpbnm

@Iansky Thanks for confirmation of the quality of Yongnuo products. @rocketman122 Thanks for everything. :) I will get the information you requested soon. Since this is "going to be long" should I start a new thread? It feels like we are taking over the op's thread...

Thanks Again,
mrpbnm