Woody's 2015 Pics

grandpaw

I took a break from sorting through my Hawaiian pictures, and my wife and I walked around the neighborhood lake. This gull was my favorite subject of the day. He did not like the windy conditions. :)

View attachment 135078

View attachment 135079

View attachment 135080

View attachment 135081

View attachment 135082

View attachment 135083

Just found this new thread and it has a lot of great pictures in it. I especially like theses gull pictures and they have tack sharp eyes, two thumbs up!

Woodyg3

Contributor
Just found this new thread and it has a lot of great pictures in it. I especially like theses gull pictures and they have tack sharp eyes, two thumbs up!

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. The gull shots are with the Tamzooka 150-600, which is much sharper than the 18-300 Nikon I used in the other shots. While the 18-300 is a nice travel lens, I was also a little frustrated with it. I am spoiled with the Tamron. :)

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
I found this goose mixed in with over a thousand Canadian and Crackling Geese today. I believe this is a hybrid between a Canadian Goose and a Snow Goose. Anyone care to chime in?

HybridGoose 299.jpg

HybridGoose 300.jpg

HybridGoose 301.jpg

HybridGoose 302.jpg

HybridGoose 303.jpg

mikew_RIP

Woodyg3

Contributor
Mike, the unusual goose was not bullied at all while I was watching. He seemed to fit in with the other thousand plus geese just fine.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I'm very proud of my wife who sang the national anthem after having run on the third place team in the 60-69 division of the masters race.

CCNats 305.jpg