WIFI will not stay connected

DraconisRex

While the thread may have been resurrected for spam, it did bring it up in Google search responses and gave me the solution I needed to get my WU-1a working. I used it to shoot photos of the annular eclipse and had to deal with the constant disconnects. Yesterday I was trying to use it again to get some photos off my camera and it would never stay connected long enough to get to the ones I shot yesterday. Finally with the airplane mode trick I got the photos downloaded Thank you for the info.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
While the thread may have been resurrected for spam, it did bring it up in Google search responses and gave me the solution I needed to get my WU-1a working. I used it to shoot photos of the annular eclipse and had to deal with the constant disconnects. Yesterday I was trying to use it again to get some photos off my camera and it would never stay connected long enough to get to the ones I shot yesterday. Finally with the airplane mode trick I got the photos downloaded Thank you for the info.
Welcome!

Glad the forum was able to resolve your problem. Hope you decide to stick around.

Feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/forum/forums/new-member-introductions.35/post-thread

BF Hammer

Glad we helped indirectly. :) I think the reason the Airplane Mode works is the phone is searching for an active internet connection, which the camera is not.