Wide Open Cold

Ndoutdoors

EXIF
Camera: Nikon D7000
Exposure: 1/200 @ f/13
Focal length: 42mm
ISO: 100
Lens: Nikon 18-105

My intent with this was to capture how cold it was here. The wind was blowing 30MPH and the temp was about 9 deg. I'm on my third year of this as a hobby. Please let me know what you think.

finalsnow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nikonpup

i do not feel the wind. Cold so-so. I am a fence guy. I would have went for the fence and tree line. Possible panorama.

Dave_W

The Dude
This image is very nice, I like it. The conversion to B&W along with the grain and vignetting reinforce the feel of a bleak, cold environment. It reminds me of something you would see on a Ken Burns documentary about the Civil War, you just need a few dead yankees and rebels strewn across the field and you'd be there! :)

The one thing that I wonder is if your horizon is a little higher on the right than the left? Or am I just seeing things?

cbg

Dave, you are right about the horizon. The right side looks to be higher than the the left. I'd consider cropping a little of the the sky out to bring the focus more to the tree and fence line.

Colin

Ndoutdoors

Im so thankful to wake up to some CC. Im not yet a fan of photoshop or the post period. im sure ill get better at it and may enjoy it better. I never would have thought to crop the image. Ill go back and give it a shot.