Why am i seeing sponsored posts

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Whoa there. Breath in ... now out. :)

I've actually had this on for several years, they just haven't been running ads.

I made it so contributing members won't see them. Forgot that one.

RocketCowboy

Still shows up in this forum, but could be a permissions issue with multiple group precedence ...

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 8.33.42 AM.png

mikew_RIP

I am seeing them as well and its starting to get annoying.

If contributing doesn't stop ads I will stop contributing.

Just been having the same conversation,its not the adds as such its the fact ime old school,if i say you will not get adds then thats a promise i would keep

carguy

I was under the impression these would be suppressed for contributing members as of 10/21 posted above?

If this is not the case, we might want to revisit the description of what a 'contributing membership' provides.

mikew_RIP

I was under the impression these would be suppressed for contributing members as of 10/21 posted above?

If this is not the case, we might want to revisit the description of what a 'contributing membership' provides.

Its beginning to look like no one is interested,which makes me think they are waiting to see if there is a backlash from it.

Blacktop

Well i tried two browsers,logged out and back in and cleared my cach,still see them in nearly every section

Ok, I tried something new. I do see it if I click on a specific forum. However it does not show up under "new posts". I don't know if this is big deal. I paid 10 dollars for the whole year, and I have to go hunting down ads to see them.
I pay almost a hundred dollars a month for DirecTV and see ads every five minutes. That bothers me more.

mikew_RIP

Ok, I tried something new. I do see it if I click on a specific forum. However it does not show up under "new posts". I don't know if this is big deal. I paid 10 dollars for the whole year, and I have to go hunting down ads to see them.
I pay almost a hundred dollars a month for DirecTV and see ads every five minutes. That bothers me more.

I have already said its not the adds as such its the fact they are not meant to be there for contributing members,after its gone quiet about these what will we get next.

Blacktop

I have already said its not the adds as such its the fact they are not meant to be there for contributing members,after its gone quiet about these what will we get next.

Have you contacted @jdeg about this? He might be working on a solution right now. Maybe there is a bigger problem that we don't know about. We just had a new member sign up, pay for a subscription and can not log onto to the forum.