What are your thoughts when you see this.

Lawrence

I think this pretty much covers it. I might have enhanced the leaf just a bit but not much. I like it.

You must have a really nice camera! :cool:

Don I have a great camera and this image is so sharp because I spent hours fine-tuning it. ;)
@RON I don't have the watermark on when I submit for competitions. Thanks for your great comments.
@cwgrizz you make a good point about the water no longer looking like water singlerosas' version. Thanks for commenting.

Vixen

I think it's a great shot Lawrence. I like the reflections. I agree with Singlerosa (I think I spelled that incorrectly) on the colour but you will probably find in time when you've had more practice with PS or LR or whatever you settle on that you would end up with a similar result.

I'm a bit with Scott on the CPL. While they cut down on reflections they don't eliminate them completely if the light is strong enough or at a certain angle, so with a CPL you would still have reflections and a nicer colour warmth/depth.

I think the rule of thirds would still be OK on this shot. I thought immediately it was a shame the leaf was that far left, and you can at least try a slightly different crop and see what you like best. Remember...it is ultimately about what YOU like, not us :D

Pretzel

LOVE the shot, and the reflections just make it! I like what singlerosa did to darken up the water a bit and hide the vague impression of debris under the water, and it also made the leaf pop out a bit more. MAYBE... and I say maybe... the leaf could go slightly to the right, but that's just conjecture. I also like it as it's composed.

FANTASTIC, Lawrence! It just gives a sense of peace and relaxation, as I can imagine being stretched out on the bank, watching the leaf float lazily along with no other distractions.