Weekly Challenge Oct 29 - Nov 05: Topic EARTH

Blacktop

Glazed over eyes of misted up glass, unaware of events; unaware she's alone,
Taken far, far away to an alien place, stolen from family; stolen from home.
By Philippa Crundwell

Tn-Aquarium--15.jpg

I took this shot at the aquarium this morning. I was going to delete this shot, then I realized that Earth is not always about beauty, but sometimes sadness as well. I felt sorry for these guys having to live behind a glass, so I kept it and posted it here.

Last edited:

gephotography

This may not look like Earth, but it is indeed right here on the "3rd Rock from the Sun". Shot atop Arabia Mountain at sunset, a granite outcropping which is part of the same vein that forms Stone Mountain.

Attachments

• DSC_9830.jpg
    DSC_9830.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 128

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Earth:

When thinking through what I wanted to convey in my image, I wanted to include as many key features of what the earth contains

1. Water: approximately 70% of the earth's surface is water which is why the majority of my photo represents this
  2. Land: another key feature of the earth
  3. Living Creatures: geese represent the living creatures
  4. Mankind: if you look closely, there is a white sign in the grass which looks like a little white rectangle. It is set along a walking path. The sign and the walking path represent mankind. Plus the lake (actually the entire park) is man-made
  5. Earth: since the earth is round, the circular fisheye effect represents the earth

Earth.jpg

Blacktop

Earth:

When thinking through what I wanted to convey in my image, I wanted to include as many key features of what the earth contains

1. Water: approximately 70% of the earth's surface is water which is why the majority of my photo represents this
  2. Land: another key feature of the earth
  3. Living Creatures: geese represent the living creatures
  4. Mankind: if you look closely, there is a white sign in the grass which looks like a little white rectangle. It is set along a walking path. The sign and the walking path represent mankind. Plus the lake (actually the entire park) is man-made
  5. Earth: since the earth is round, the circular fisheye effect represents the earth

View attachment 121995

I love the creativeness on this shot. Great thinking outside the box!:applouse:

RocketCowboy

Remember ... just a few hours left until the submission window closes and all that's left to do is like!

The challenge runs off UTC, which doesn't experience daylight savings time, so if you're waiting for the final hour ... :D

RocketCowboy

Submissions are now closed.

Please vote for the three finalists from now until 00:00 UTC tomorrow, after which we'll get a poll posted for the finalists.

Good luck!