Weekly Challenge May 11 - May 18: Natural Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

Just as a reminder, photos taken outside the dates posted in this thread are not eligible for the challenge!

KWJams

Drat! --- Foiled by the the old "read the fine print ploy" :)

The wife and I are headed out of town for the next week and knew that I wouldn't be able to submit an entry, but wanted to post that shot because it fit the format of the contest.

Dave Hamilton

Just as a reminder, photos taken outside the dates posted in this thread are not eligible for the challenge!

I knew that when I posted my old picture, but I love that picture. Reflections are hard because they are very much a photo of the moment. This is a great topic. I have my camera with me almost all the time, but to have it with me at the exact moment you see a great reflection is very much luck!

I love the topics that allow you to post a picture that was a result of being in the moment.

Pratt.jpg

This is downtown Prattville. The cotton gin factory was built by Daniel Pratt in 1833 and built Cotton gins until last year. One of the oldest continuously operating factories in the country. This is located 100 feet from the main street downtown. This is the old south. The new south in in the same little town. We have a golf complex that has 4 18 hole courses that draw 10,000 rounds of golf per year and is host to LPGA every year..

Last edited:

Dave Hamilton

SIMPLE, BUT ELEGANT

There is this place that I love to go near my home. It is simple, but elegant. I seem to find peace there.

Tonight I had my camera with me and the fountain was giving off a nice reflection, when I noticed there was also a beautiful reflection of the evening sky. With the trees in the background you kind of get a “triple reflection”.

reflections_8.jpg

Dave Hamilton

Excellent shot Dave, The reflection looks like a tornado approaching.

Thanks -- That is my entry for this week. I also had a little fun looking for that haunted feeling when I took this shot at the same place. It was shot through Spanish moss hanging from an Oak tree that is over 200 years old. it was pretty difficult trying to work with lighting on the tree, and work with the reflection on the water from the fountain and the sky. This was the result of that attempt.

reflections_2.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

Reflections.jpg

"Natural Reflections"

This is a quart jar of water with Alka Seltzer added to create all of the bubbles.
Now for the frightening stuff.
EVERY SINGLE BUBBLE has my reflection in it. Think of it. There should be tens of thousands of me being reflected back towards YOU!

Sleep well with that thought!

Enjoy.

Pete

Dave Hamilton

Now we have a Reflective Arms Race.

We are all DOOMED!!! :(

I'm just gonna lay down over here.

Buh bye.

Pete

I'm confused. I went out in the sun and looked at my arms and they reflected nothing. I went inside and stood under a bright light... looked at my arms??? Nothing again??? I'm old, big and slow, but I'd like to know how to enter this reflective arms race? It sounds like it could be fun. :confused::confused::confused:

Rick M

I'm confused. I went out in the sun and looked at my arms and they reflected nothing. I went inside and stood under a bright light... looked at my arms??? Nothing again??? I'm old, big and slow, but I'd like to know how to enter this reflective arms race? It sounds like it could be fun. :confused::confused::confused:

lol:)

You have to think about the past while shooting:), hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

DUDE! Think TIN FOIL!

Everything else should fall into place!

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.