Weekly Challenge June 24 - July 1: "Curves"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike150

I can't believe no one has put up a picture composed on the S-curve or the C-curve yet.

I will anxiously await your example since the only "S-Curve" I know of is on the highway. I think you're talking about Postprocessing but then again... when it comes to computers and software I'm... DUH!!!

Philnz

"New Zealand Flax"
DSC_2994_resize.JPG
Model NIKON D5100
Shutter Speed 1/30 s
F-Number f/8
ISO ISO 1100
Exposure Bias Value 0.00 eV
Metering Mode Center weighted average
Flash Flash did not fire
Focal Length 27 mm
White Balance Auto white balance
Date/Time Original 29/06/2012 10:44:40 a.m.

Dave Hamilton

These old spectacles are one of my favourite possessions. They are from the mid 1800's as far as any info that I have been able to gather. They come in an amazing leather and silver case, similar to a knife case. I decided to oh so carefully open the case, and take them out for a photo of their beautiful curves. As I was taking a few shots, the focus accidentally zeroed in on the sights behind the lenses. I thought it was a fabulous accident!

View attachment 12724
June 28, 2012

VERY NICE!!!! VERY creative!

Dave Hamilton

I was in my pool thinking about what would be suitable for this challenge and when I looked up the curves from reflection of the water on my poolside umbrella caught my eye. I love the way the curves are set against the straight lines of the umbrella supports. I also love the fact that the curves are totally made by God though the use of His water, His wind, and the reflection from his sun.
ede_9556.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
My first weekly challenge so it may or may not be appropriate for this challenge (still learning) -

I took this image from the Ocean Beach pier

D7000; 70-300mm; f/5.6; ISO-100; 1/200 sec

_2DW4155-Edit-smmml.jpg

EpicD

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM
ISO: 320
f/5.6 @ 160mm
Shutter Priority
Date: 2012:06:24 15:44:17
EXIF intact

curves.jpg

Mike150

I tried thinking outside the box, but it gave me a headache. Decided to think INSIDE the box again.

My solution was obvious.

2012-182.jpg

fotojack

This morning started out cloudy and overcast....kind of dreary really. I set up the D40 next to my garage, waiting for the sun to come up and cast a shadow against the fence of the apple tree in my yard. It took about an hour and a half of waiting for just the right moment, and this is the result; curves all over the place! I hope you like. :)

View attachment 12585

Hey, thanks for all the Likes, everyone! Believe me, it's much appreciated! :) I just thought I'd try something different, and I'm glad everyone likes the shot. :)

RookieDSLR

Here is my first attempt at the challenges I hope this comes out all right.
My picture is supposed to focus on the curves of the haybail followed into the big tire of the tractor on to the smaller tires. I think it came out right.
Small Haybail and Tractor.jpg

DarinSTL

I am very new to photography and was out today taking photos, or should I say practicing. I came across this topic a few minutes ago and thought why not share one that I took today. I know it's not near quality to compete in the contest. But I feel it has a few curves.

*edit* A bit Patriotic too, maybe I should of posted in the current challenge. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Attachments

• DSC_0527.jpg
    DSC_0527.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, this tread was supposed to close at midnight last night so I guess I will now close it.

Thanks for all of you that participated, and the results should be posted in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.