Weekly Challenge Aug 27 - Sep 3: Light and Shadow

Bob Blaylock

A delicate lace bra, harshly-lit. Lots of light and shadow.
Ancient non-AI 50mm ƒ1.4 Nikkor mounted to my D3200
1/30 of a second at ƒ1.4, ISO 100

DSC_3201n.jpg

This second image is just to show some of the detail in the original, that didn't really survive being shrunk to the 1000-pixel size for posting. The first image, above, remains my actual entry.

DSC_3201nd.jpg

Last edited:

traceyjj

ooh I hope I've done this right... my first go at a challenge here :) My effort for light and shadow comes from a trip to a local heritage site.
light_and_shadow_317903.jpg

Last edited:

traceyjj

OK, what have I done wrong? no exif is being shown, and I cant upload from my gallery (somehow theres 3 of the same image in there!)

wornish

OK, what have I done wrong? no exif is being shown, and I cant upload from my gallery (somehow theres 3 of the same image in there!)

I have no idea why but sometimes the exif takes a while to appear. Could be as long as the next day.
Check again tomorrow.

Eyelight

Looks like everyone is getting the hang of taking good photos on the challenge topics. Have an idea this one is going to produce a hard to pick from Top 3.

BIG REMINDER

This Weekly Challenge is on the new schedule. The submission period will end at midnight 24:00 UTC (8:00pm EDT US) Tuesday.

Edited to add that's:

7:00am Wednesday Thaitime
9:30am Wednesday Murraytime

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Time is running out so.............. it is what it is.
After shooting today, and some PP with Capture NX D & Gimp. Learning as I go. Ha!

l-s-weekly.jpg