Weekly Challenge: April 15 - April 22: Focus on Backlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRamonG

I was joking with my wife that I got more votes when I entered a picture last week that wasn't for judging than this week with my eligible entry. She said that perhaps it was because it's difficult to tell that my entry, Toy X-Ray, is back lit.

So here is another shot from the same session, not for judging.. lol.. since i have already entered an image.
DSC_4121.jpg

Kim20

Image 3.jpg
I was walking through the bush, and this caught my eye in the distance, so I zoomed in, I liked the colours and the shine on the web.

Philnz

I was joking with my wife that I got more votes when I entered a picture last week that wasn't for judging than this week with my eligible entry. She said that perhaps it was because it's difficult to tell that my entry, Toy X-Ray, is back lit.

So here is another shot from the same session, not for judging.. lol.. since i have already entered an image.
View attachment 10317
I agree with your wife. LOL

Lscha

Rainy day, go away.....

rainy day go away..jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-04-20 16:15:10 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 46.0mm (35mm equivalent: 69mm)
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -2.00 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: PaintShop Photo Pro 13.00

fotojack

Rainy day, go away.....

View attachment 10327

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-04-20 16:15:10 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 46.0mm (35mm equivalent: 69mm)
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -2.00 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: PaintShop Photo Pro 13.00

As sweet as this picture is, I think if you had been directly behind the children, it would have given a better perspective of the shot. Know what I mean? The children, of course, are the main focal point, but the rest seems ...for lack of a better word...disjointed. Too angular.

And just as an afterthought (mainly because it's been bugging me), in Software...don't you mean Paintshop Photo Pro X3? I've never heard of Paintshop Photo Pro 13.00.

Lscha

As sweet as this picture is, I think if you had been directly behind the children, it would have given a better perspective of the shot. Know what I mean? The children, of course, are the main focal point, but the rest seems ...for lack of a better word...disjointed. Too angular.

And just as an afterthought (mainly because it's been bugging me), in Software...don't you mean Paintshop Photo Pro X3? I've never heard of Paintshop Photo Pro 13.00.

You are right, of course. It was a silhouette before I lightened it and they didn't give me an opportunity to get another shot. When you are a grandmother you see a greater measure of awww in plain ole photos. :) I normally don't do kids but it just seemed to be a good 'backlit' subject at the time.

I don't know why my FxIF insists on listing the X3 as 13.00 unless it's because the version is listed as 13.2.0.35.

Does this look better?
NOT FOR JUDGING.....

rainy day HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is my contribution for this week's challenge:

April flower.jpg
D700, Sigma 105 macro f2.8 @ f9, 1/100sec, ISO 800, monopod.

fotojack

You are right, of course. It was a silhouette before I lightened it and they didn't give me an opportunity to get another shot. When you are a grandmother you see a greater measure of awww in plain ole photos. :) I normally don't do kids but it just seemed to be a good 'backlit' subject at the time.

I don't know why my FxIF insists on listing the X3 as 13.00 unless it's because the version is listed as 13.2.0.35.

Does this look better?
NOT FOR JUDGING.....

View attachment 10330

"...unless it's because the version is listed as 13.2.0.35." Ah yes, perhaps that's it. I didn't think of that. :)

And yes, this, to me, is a much better shot. Nicely cropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.