Update on my wife

GeoWes

Howdy all.

There’s been a change of plans here. Mayo is now concerned about incubating Pat during surgery and have decided to do something about the enlarged thyroid. More tests on this are scheduled for the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and surgery is postponed to the 15[SUP]th[/SUP].

Bill16

I pray that it all goes perfect, and you both have a long long loving life happily together! God bless and keep you both!

GeoWes

Howdy, folks.
Sorry about not being on much lately. Have lots to do lately. Well all the tests, prodding, poking, pushing and squeezing are done. We have another consultation again on Tue. regarding Pat’s breathing problems and surgery is still scheduled for Wed. morning; unless something else comes up. Mayo has been scheduling tests and consultations as if we live just across the street instead of three hours out of town. These six hour drives, two or three times a week are starting to drag on us. We’ve been out of bed at 3:30 so we can make 8am appointments, then sit around all day for a 3 or 4pm consultation. Still, a tank of gas is cheaper than a motel room.
They also want to do an MRI of her heart on the 28[SUP]th[/SUP], but this may be getting out of hand. Pat has her own cardiologist here at home and I’m thinking that Mayo thinks they are going to be or that they want to be her primary care center so we are going to have to have a talk about that. I like Minnesota but I’m not prepared to sell in Iowa to move up there. Right now we are just up there for the melanoma.

GeoWes

Well, it's done. Surgery went well and they didn't have to take off half of her face. They also did a lymph node biopsy and no skin graft needed; they did a "purse stitch" and just pulled the sides together. The final word is "No melanoma present" so they think they got it all. Even changed her over to outpatient and sent her home with me on the same day.

I have to say that the Mayo Clinic ROCKS. Everyone, from the Doctors down to the clerks in the coffee shops were the most polite, considerate and genuinely concerned people I have ever met at a medical facility.

Five words to all of you who love to oil up your beautiful bods and bake in the sun: IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

GeoWes

Howdy folks.

We went up to Rochester today hoping to have Pat's stitches taken out, but they want to leave them in until Aug 4th. On the upside, everyone is pleased with the way she is healing so it's all good. Pat has been sleeping on the couch so she won't roll over on her left side. She want's to get back to the bed, but I'm not in a hurry because as long as she's on the couch, the cats don't come up at 5am to get me up for breakfast.