Tutorial - How to post images inside your post

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Properties for this one is 600 x 392 with 240 dpi for resolution.

I downloaded my own image which I size at 1100 on the longest (or tallest) side with a resolution of 240 dpi. I downloaded my own and checked its file size. The forum downsized it to 1024 x 819 with a resolution of 240 dpi.

Something is going wrong with how your images are being uploaded, Skwaz.

Skwaz

This , I resized to 1025 long edge and just download to site from pc , didn’t know what dpi was
yes something going on , I’m not that computer savvy so at a loss
cheers

Skwaz

Just checked out your hawk shots on 2020 thread and they hold decent sharpness when expanded ! Mine do not , I can live with it but weird

Skwaz

resized in another prog
DSC_4992.jpg

Fred Kingston

Cindy... Software/sites that display images all alter images to a certain extent stripping out what they perceive as not being important to their message. Modems/routers by their very nature don't do the stripping... they simply pass data between devices... It's the people at the end of those connections that do the altering.

Skwaz

well ive made sure the dimensions were correct , resized in different progs , all checked ok , as soon as it gets posted it changes to 600x400 ?? that's from pc and ipad , I give up and live with it

nickt

well ive made sure the dimensions were correct , resized in different progs , all checked ok , as soon as it gets posted it changes to 600x400 ?? that's from pc and ipad , I give up and live with it
@hark , I agree with Fred. No adjustments by isp or connection equipment.
I'm joining in late here, but I have some thoughts. @Skwaz I have a right click photo analyzer on my browser. When I check the image right above as it is in your post, I get 400x600. When I click the image to get the full size version and check that larger image, i get 1024x683. So maybe you are not seeing the full size image that loads after clicking the image in the post. I think thumbnail vs full size also has to do with what was selected when you upload to Nikonites, small, medium, large.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@hark , I agree with Fred. No adjustments by isp or connection equipment.
I'm joining in late here, but I have some thoughts. @Skwaz I have a right click photo analyzer on my browser. When I check the image right above as it is in your post, I get 400x600. When I click the image to get the full size version and check that larger image, i get 1024x683. So maybe you are not seeing the full size image that loads after clicking the image in the post. I think thumbnail vs full size also has to do with what was selected when you upload to Nikonites, small, medium, large.

Yes when enlarged its full size

View attachment 328793

Hmm...I right clicked and enlarged before saving just now. And yes, they are correct that the image is 1024 on the long side. Fred and Nick are very knowledgeable when it comes to this type of thing so please listen to them. ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
ok , uploaded this again but don't see any option for small ,medium ,or large when posting , what am I missing

You have to double click the image that is inside your reply box (where you type in your text). When you do that, a prompt will appear asking whether you want thumbnail, medium, large, or full size.