Tripod decision....driving me kinda nuts

Bill16

If I came onto a forum and asked for advice, I would consider the advice I was given. Then I would make my decision. But that doesn't mean I would always follow the advice given to me. I would take it into account, and use such advice I felt fit what I wanted to accomplish . But in the end the decision would be mine regardless of the advice given.
And I wouldn't go out and buy the most expensive one even if I have plenty of money to spend. I would buy the best one, judging it by what I intended to use it for. Most expensive doesn't always mean the best anyway. But as I mentioned, I can't buy the best. I just do the best that I can with what I can afford. I have a used SLIK tripod that cost me $45.00 plus shipping.
But then you would just go out and buy the most expensive one you could. You wouldn't come on a forum, ask for advice and then disregard that advice, would you?

jwstl

Although it looks pretty good, it doesn't state the model of this Manfrotto. How much weight will it support? I'd find out first before I paid good money for it. But that's me......I'm funny like that. :)

All that info and more is listed on the bottom of the page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Although it looks pretty good, it doesn't state the model of this Manfrotto. How much weight will it support? I'd find out first before I paid good money for it. But that's me......I'm funny like that. :)

Fair enough! ;) As jwstl and Epoc said, the info is listed under the specifications tab which I will list below. The weight capacity of 8.82 pounds on a max height of 61" isn't too shabby for the price of $89.99 The following is copied from the BJ's Wholesale Club link:

__________________________________________________​

This Manfrotto tripod kit includes an intermediate 3-section tripod fitted with a detachable aluminum 3-way pan and tilt, quick release head. It is lightweight and precise, making it an ideal choice for on-the-go photo and video shoots. Its ergonomic controls are designed for a safer and more enjoyable experience while ensuring maximum precision. An anti-shock collar protects your camera from accidental impact while the tripod's 3-faced design center column prevents movement for increased accuracy and steadfastness. The quick-flip adjustable leg locks, with an included adjustment tool, provide a rock-solid support with a consistent performance. The diameter of the leg sections are 22.5mm, 19mm and 15.5mm with a maximum height of 61 7/10"H (25" closed length).

Product Features:

Intermediate 3-section tripod is fitted with a detachable aluminum 3-way pan and tilt, quick release head
Lightweight and precise, making it an ideal choice for on-the-go photo and video shoots
Ergonomic controls are designed for a safer and more enjoyable experience whiling ensuring maximum precision
Anti-shock collar protects your camera from accidental impact
3-faced design center column prevents movement for increased accuracy and steadfastness
Quick-flip adjustable leg locks, with an included adjustment tool, provide a rock-solid support with a consistent performance
Diameter of the leg sections are 22.5mm, 19mm and 15.5mm with a maximum height of 61 7/10"H (25" closed length)
Includes 3-section tripod, 3-way head, adjustment tool and instructionsWarranty: 1 year parts and labor

(Model MK293A3-A3RC1)
In-Club Style Number:
Model Number:
MK293A3-A3RC1
Estimated Delivery:
3-5 Business Days
Brand:
Manfrotto
Color:
Black
Folded Height:
25" (approx.)
Material:
Aluminum
Max Operating Height:
61 7/10" (approx.)
Maximum Horizontal Panoramic Angle:
360 Degrees
Maximum Vertical Panoramic Angle:
+/-90 Degrees
Min Operating Height:
17 1/2" (approx.)
Number of Leg Sections:
Quick Release Plate:
Yes
Quick Release Thread Size:
1/4"-20"
Type Of Head:
3-Way Pan, Tilt, Quick Release
Weight Capacity:
8.82 lbs.
Includes:
3-Section Tripod, 3-Way Head, Adjustable Leg Lock, Instructions
Dimensions:
25"L x 4 1/2"W x 4 1/2"H
Weight:
4.19 lbs.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I did a little more digging on the Manfrotto tripod listed above. It is discontinued but the manufacturer's price was $167. I listed a few links below--Amazon and B&H links listed because they contain reviews. I might go check this out for myself. Currently I own a REALLY heavy Bogen Manfrotto tripod which is good in windy conditions as well as for supporting heavy lenses. For conditions where a lighter tripod is good, I have an inexpensive Velbon tripod that has worked well for over a decade. The only problem with it is that there are braces on the legs making it difficult to straddle certain things. This Manfrotto doesn't have those braces.

Here is Manfrotto's link for the tripod.

Here is Amazon's link for the tripod.

And here is B&H's link for the tripod.

Sevenup

I got the MK294A4 by Manfrotto used, but very good condition for about half price on Amazon, I am *so* glad to put this all behind me!

Allen

FWIW, I did end up with a tripod/head...both purchased preowned, which equals savings.

Feisol CT3442 with center column and Sirui K-20X ball head.

So far (after about a day) they seem really great.....

Cheers,
Allen