Train Show

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
2nd year at the Train show and we had a great time again! Sales increased by over $200 and several repeat customers.

Which train photo would you say is your # 1 seller? Come on, show us some photos! ;)

Rick M

Which train photo would you say is your # 1 seller? Come on, show us some photos! ;)

This shot is my #1 seller, 2nd year in a row. There is a story behind it but the site locked up and I'm not going to type it all out again, (even us mods get frustrated)

Bright-2.jpg

slowpoke

Congrats on your show,Rick You got my wife thinking,I should do something like this at her craft show.Me and my big mouth.lol

Rick M

Joe, you should! It's a lot of fun. I have a blast talking photography with all the customers and other vendors. The other 2 photographers there (purists) both came over and we talked quite a bit. They both conceded that they needed to experiment a bit more with processing. One was a successful local portrait photographer and the other a retired wedding photographer (both high end pros). It's nice talking photography on a site, but getting out there with customers and other photographers is a blast. I do craft fairs between other venues, just keep your costs down and you'll make money at craft fairs.

Rick M

Here we are at year #3! Today was very good and about $100 in sales over last year. It's a lot of fun returning to the same venue and catching up with repeat customers. I introduced some more expensive framing and it sold well. This year's most popular shot is below, sold about 8 copies ranging from 5x7 to 12x18. Second place was several of my new Maine and Cape Cod lighthouse shots. Hoping Sunday maintains the trend!

Forestport 1_01.JPG

Rick M

We ended the show with a very strong Sunday, making it our best show to date! More expensive framing is selling now, I'm crediting the economy for that. We beat last years sales by almost $300!

Last edited:

SkvLTD

Very nice! I'm still considering using my free show with RAW artists again, but would have to develop a real focused game plan before I shell money on prints that would collect dust at home and couple friends' walls again.