Traceys 52 in 2015

traceyjj

Motion

motion.jpg

traceyjj

I wonder how long it would take to go through all the locks.
We estimate 4 hours :) for someone like us, (hubby on the boat and me winding the locks, opening and closing the gates)
We walked them, and there was a team (2 boats, plus 4 others working the locks, 2 of them were going ahead and setting them ready so they could just drive in... ) they were 4 locks in when we got there, and I'm guessing it was still taking them over 2 hours!

traceyjj

Water
At the side of the locks in Hatton locks there are some of the original (7ft wide) locks. The gates have been removed and they have been altered to help control the water level. When water is let out from the lock above, the water level rises up to 6 inches and the overflow changes from a trickle to a major waterfall... this is caught part way between the two...water.jpg

traceyjj

WEATHER

One from the weekend walk... we were walking to the "beacon" at the top of the hill and noticed some heavy/dark clouds start to form. By the time we got to the top, there was a good build up of cloud, one or two dumping heavy showers... fortunately, they skirted around the hill we were on.
weather.jpg

Bill16

There is something about this one that calls to me!Great work on all the shots in this thread!Way to go my friend!:)

Water
At the side of the locks in Hatton locks there are some of the original (7ft wide) locks. The gates have been removed and they have been altered to help control the water level. When water is let out from the lock above, the water level rises up to 6 inches and the overflow changes from a trickle to a major waterfall... this is caught part way between the two...View attachment 154728

traceyjj

Fountains/Waterfall
A waterfall near Tintagel Castle (the mythical home of King Arthur and his knights of the round table).
This waterfall doesnt look too big, but the cliffs here are bigger than I thought... and harder to walk along the paths too!

waterfall.jpg

traceyjj

Old

I'm not sure how old this castle is... parts of the settlement are from the 4th Century apparently, but I think this area of Tintagel Castle is around the 12th Century.
Tintagel Castle is the mythical birthplace of the legend of King Arthur.

old.jpg