The latest update about Bill16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The good thing about group is that you won't have to keep looking at the same old faces around here! :unconscious:

Thumper_6119

Contributor
I had to start a new chapter in my life some time back, and all I had in the kitchen was a refrigerator, a toaster oven, a hot plate, and a microwave. I learned how to cook lasagna in the toaster oven. (And all sorts of dishes similar to that). I cooked a nice dinner for 4 people (with tons of left overs) using only those appliances, and I did in on a few different occasions. There isn't much that you really need in a kitchen. You don't have to live on PopTarts and boxes of Mac-n-cheese. You can eat like a king on a shoestring budget. You don't need to have the full Iron Chef kitchen at your disposal. A few good, inexpensive pots, pans, Pyrex dishes, and you are set! It can become somewhat of a fascination figuring out what you can actually do with a small, limited-appliance kitchen. Challenge yourself with it. Cooking is a great hobby.

Bill16

I have plenty of cooking equipement now. :) I just needed a good microwave for heating things up, without as much messes.:)

Though I can cook some pretty good homemade meals, I can't say I enjoy cooking!lol :D

I had to start a new chapter in my life some time back, and all I had in the kitchen was a refrigerator, a toaster oven, a hot plate, and a microwave. I learned how to cook lasagna in the toaster oven. (And all sorts of dishes similar to that). I cooked a nice dinner for 4 people (with tons of left overs) using only those appliances, and I did in on a few different occasions. There isn't much that you really need in a kitchen. You don't have to live on PopTarts and boxes of Mac-n-cheese. You can eat like a king on a shoestring budget. You don't need to have the full Iron Chef kitchen at your disposal. A few good, inexpensive pots, pans, Pyrex dishes, and you are set! It can become somewhat of a fascination figuring out what you can actually do with a small, limited-appliance kitchen. Challenge yourself with it. Cooking is a great hobby.

Bill16

That is a goal I will work towards. :D

Bill,
I wish you nothing but the best of luck in this next phase of your life.

Good luck with the group session, going anywhere new for the first time is the worst, so if you follow harks advice and "And keep in mind that the hour sitting in your group meeting will pass even though the time may move slower than molasses." you might find the next group session easier. (fingers crossed)

Just think that this group may help with your photography ambitions too... if it helps you cope with your condition, you might find you can go out shooting more, and to different places too.

weebee

Well I am starting to get nervous the last day or so. It is because I have my first group therapy coming up pretty soon. But it is something I have to do to help me figh against my agorophobia. It is just a start, and I don't want to even guess what I might have to go through further down the road in my treatment.
Anyway on the day after my wife's birthday I go to group. The timing sucks, but it wasn't done on purpose, and I doubt my councilor even realizes when my wife's birthday was. The big job I have to do on this first group I think is to stay there for the whole hour, even if I feel the need to leave/escape. At least I don't have to go anywhere new to go to group, which helps quite a bit, or at least I think it should.

If I make it ok on this first group, then I will be signed up for the group, going once every month for an hour.

It'll be a struggle. But I'm sure you'll be fine. Try to think of this as a adventure. Not a obstacle or challenge. You'll be fine.

Bill16

As far as housing goes I feel very lucky. I just saw NY public housing (low income housing) on MSNBC and those buildings are needing a lot of fixing, and due to those things not being repaired people have been hurt and even have died.
My point is that if I lived in a bigger city, that low income housing would be the only housing available cheap enough for me to afford(if they even have an apartment available).
Even where I am, the cost for apartments are high enough that I can just barely afford one of the cheapest ones, as far as I have found. Low income housing here has waiting lists years long, and so I am very lucky to have enough income to squeek by.

No I'm even luckier than that, since the apartment I am going to rent has all of the things I need to go with what I have. The electricity being cheaper on average there helps make up for the rent being higher than the home loan payments I was making here. Another huge plus is the washer and dryer hook-ups, since going to laundrymats would be extremely hard for me, if not completely impossible. Being close to here is also a very big plus as I likely mentioned, and another reason it is a big plus is my friends are my neighbors here so I won't be to far from them.:)

Anyway, living conditions will be much better for me in my new apartment, than the conditions they have in those NY public housing buildings. So that is why I'm feeling lucky about my housing.Thank goodness.

crashton

Bill glad you found a new place to call home. Once you settle in you will feel much better. If you need items for your new home try the Salvation Army store. There are many good things to be found there at crazy low prices.

Best

Bill16

I hope I will feel better once I'm moved into my new home!:) I'm not sure if we have one of their stores here, but thanks buddy for the great idea my friend!:D

Bill glad you found a new place to call home. Once you settle in you will feel much better. If you need items for your new home try the Salvation Army store. There are many good things to be found there at crazy low prices.

Best

Bill16

In a effort help a buddy and add something to my options of things I can do, I bought a Wii with games, taking the cost off of his debt to me. I didn't buy any game machines before now mainly because I never needed them when my wife was here, but also because I get pain in my hands and wrists from the controllers. But now I figured I might as well get it, and give myself something to help occupy my time since I'm alone now.

I'm trying to figure out which things to take when I move. But it is hard to do when I have to guess how much I can fit in my new home, without over crowding the place.I think I will need to see as I move things in, and even do some measuring if needed. :)

I am thinking about moving my bed and camera gear over there first next month, and staying over there ASAP after paying my first month's rent! Then getting my other friend Greg to help move all of the big things over there, and then I can start hauling the smaller stuff on my own mostly. But one of the first things I need to do is get the electricity turn on in my name, and get Time Warner to put in my cable bundle with Internet and phone too. And also I will need to do a change of address at the post office. I wonder if I am forgetting anything?

Thank you all for caring my friends!:)

Last edited:

pk63015

You can do a change of Address via the internet on the USPS website. I think it costs a Dollar or Two but it saves a trip to the Post Office.

Bill16

Thanks for the info! But I'm only 2 blocks away from the post office, and the Post Mistress if sorta a friend, so it isn't any problem going in to do a change of address! Lol :D

You can do a change of Address via the internet on the USPS website. I think it costs a Dollar or Two but it saves a trip to the Post Office.

Bill16

Well yesterday I traded my extra laptop and some fishing poles and reels for Pepsi. Yes for Pepsi. For basically a year's worth, to be delivered several cases worth every month. So now at least for a year I can continue drinking the beverage I've been drinking for the last 40 years. Also it gives me a year to figure out how to get Pepsi for the next 2 years until my truckis paid off.:)

Just-Clayton

I don't get on much theses days Bill and just saw your post. I am truly sorry for your loss. Not an easy thing to cope with. Especially losing your best friend. I understand the struggles of money also, always moving bills around and hoping we have money for the next pay day. You will get through this. It may take some time. But, things will work out. Keep your head up and push through this.

Bill16

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate it.:)

I don't get on much theses days Bill and just saw your post. I am truly sorry for your loss. Not an easy thing to cope with. Especially losing your best friend. I understand the struggles of money also, always moving bills around and hoping we have money for the next pay day. You will get through this. It may take some time. But, things will work out. Keep your head up and push through this.

Last edited:

Bill16

Well tomorrow morning I am going to my first group session. I'm hoping things go well. If I do then I will be added to the groups regularly once a month sessions.:)

Getting up in time is my first worry, and I do have a plan to manage that.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.