:: The Horoscope Fish 365 for 2016 :: What's That Smell? ::

Horoscope Fish

05 January 2016 / Day 5 of 366
05 January 2016 - Flats and Rounds.jpg
Flats and Rounds

Horoscope Fish

Very nice color contrast!
Yeah, that's what I thought when I stumbled across that. My wood-shop is not usually so colorful but one of the Tech's is working on an installation piece that involves cutting and carving a lot of bright yellow polyethylene pipe. The rain was coming down HARD outside and I was feeling pressed for time so I worked the shot until I felt I had something.

And this is just very cool
Thank you! All the rain we've been getting has made shooting outdoors difficult so I decided I'd better learn to make the weather work FOR me rather than against me. Reflections were the obvious solution so the hunt was on to find a cooperative puddle. The clean simple background and foreground really help this shot, I think.

Moab Man

I have always wanted to do one of those swinging hammer blacksmith shots. Sadly, no blacksmiths. Maybe I will have to create a blacksmith out of one of my sons.

Horoscope Fish

I have always wanted to do one of those swinging hammer blacksmith shots. Sadly, no blacksmiths. Maybe I will have to create a blacksmith out of one of my sons.
I've live here a long time and I've only recently seen this shop active. Turns out they teach classes and the whole nine yards. There's a wheelwright's shop right next door as well but it looks somewhat... uh... less photogenic.

Horoscope Fish

11 January 2016 / Day 11 of 366
11 January 2016 - Still LIfe with Mesauring Tape.jpg
Horoscope Fish
Serendipitous Still Life #2, 2016
Mixed Media (Cotton Twine, Wood, Measuring Tapes)
1,000 x 714 Pixels

NFS

Last edited:

wev

Contributor
11 January 2016 / Day 11 of 366

Horoscope Fish
Serendipitous Still Life #2, 2016
Mixed Media (Cotton Twine, Wood, Measuring Tapes)
1,000 x 714 Pixels

NFS

That would make a nice b&w (not that there is a whit wrong with it as is)