The happy couple

John Young

Nikon D600
F 5
1/13
Sigma 24-60mm lens

This candid photo was shot of the bride & groom walking down a street heading to a location for a few shots. I know this is a bit different and people may not get it but I was going for something a bit different and experimental

happy%20couple.jpg

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Nice shot. I have to believe the slightly skewed vertical is done purposefully, but for me it's distracting. To my eye it looks like it was badly squared as I would expect a skewed photo to be slightly more skewed. Does that make sense? Otherwise it's lovely.

John Young

Nice shot. I have to believe the slightly skewed vertical is done purposefully, but for me it's distracting. To my eye it looks like it was badly squared as I would expect a skewed photo to be slightly more skewed. Does that make sense? Otherwise it's lovely.

Thank you yes it was tilted but maybe needs more work to show its meant to be there and not an accident

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thank you yes it was tilted but maybe needs more work to show its meant to be there and not an accident

It's your vision and good for you for experimenting. I agree with Jake's comments . . . if you're going to do something "out of the norm", like skewing the horizon, make it obvious, otherwise it tends to look like a mistake.

Lovely work, John.

John Young

It's your vision and good for you for experimenting. I agree with Jake's comments . . . if you're going to do something "out of the norm", like skewing the horizon, make it obvious, otherwise it tends to look like a mistake.

Lovely work, John.

Thank you.....

Rick M

I agree with the skewed comments :), more skewed or straight. Also might bring the couple over a tad towards the center (if you have more room to the right), he just looks really close to the edge. Nice shot and effect.

Last edited:

riverside

Nikon D600
F 5
1/13
Sigma 24-60mm lens

This candid photo was shot of the bride & groom walking down a street heading to a location for a few shots. I know this is a bit different and people may not get it but I was going for something a bit different and experimental

happy%20couple.jpg

My impression is fence solidity, symmetry and focus contrasted by human frailty of bride carrying her own dress train and groom with poorly tailored pants walking though clutter into an unknown future. I do like it.

John Young

Now that is a superb interpretation of the photo - brilliant - thank you

I feel like putting it in an art gallery with that underneath :D

BackdoorArts

Second, posted separately due to forum restrictions on video posts, is Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five's, "The Message", with the constantly quoted line, "Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge"...

You may now resume your photography related activities.