Spyder Pro Calibration Issue

Chris E

I've got one of these that I used to calibrate my external LED display. I have the display connected to my laptop.

But, now my laptop display looks bad. I assume this is because the adjustments within my laptop were used to calibrate the external display. If I re-calibrate my laptop display, then I assume the external monitor will be off.

I assume my only solution to this is to try to get the two displays as close as possible and then run the Spyder on the external one. Easier said than done. I am not at home and I have been meaning to post this question....I have not done anything to try to solve this.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

BackdoorArts

I'm assuming you're on Windows? I do all my work on a Mac so I'm winging this by looking at my work laptop with second display (running Windows 7).

In the Control Panel under displays you will need to individually go to the Advanced Settings under your window. In the Color Management tab click on the button to open the dialog, then in the Devices tab check the use my settings for this device box. You should then be able to add the profile that the Spyder unit created for that monitor. Repeat this for the other, making sure that you select the proper profile.

I suspect that one profile is getting used simultaneously for both.

Chris E

Thanks a lot. I am at work and have found the color management tools.

So, I can paste the color profile Spyder created for the external display in the window for the monitor. Where do I get this profile?

I guess then I would calibrate for the laptop display.

If I click "use my settings for this device" with the added color profile on the external from Spyder, every time that display is in use it should be ok. If I do not have it plugged in and I am using my laptop separately, the laptop display should be ok? I'm thinking the only time the calibrated external profile is used is when ithe external display is plugged in. Does this make sense?

Chris E

I found the folder on the C drive where the profiles are stored. I suppose Spyder creates a unique profile in the folder so I can just copy and paste into the color management for the external display. It's seems easy enough but I will find out when I get home.