Spontaneous Purchase of the Day!

adox66

Wow no messing about. Have the same camera and love it but sooooo jealous of the lens.

My ambition is to get the Tamron version when I can justify the outlay.

Anyway. Enjoy. ��

Geoffc

Congrats, the camera is very good but the lens is stunning. My wife and I both have one and I can tell her which pictures it was used to take just by glancing at them in Lightroom. It really makes thing pop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lakeside Annie

They're supposed to be here TODAY!!! But UPS tracking does not show it out for delivery, yet. :sorrow:

Awesome! you'll love it! Lol at everyone else buying stuff- there is an excuse though haha almost Christmas so its justified now isn't it? Lol!

I was going to hold off to see if I was getting a bonus at work. I was going to hold off to see what was going on for Black Friday. I was going to hold off... WHOOPS!

Wow no messing about. Have the same camera and love it but sooooo jealous of the lens.

My ambition is to get the Tamron version when I can justify the outlay.

Anyway. Enjoy. 😀

I've been drooling over the lens for over a year. I saw there was an instant rebate on the D7100. :eyetwitch: THEN, I saw there was a instant bundle rebate on the lens... So, I couldn't get the discount on the lens without purchasing the camera, too! ::what::

Congrats, the camera is very good but the lens is stunning. My wife and I both have one and I can tell her which pictures it was used to take just by glancing at them in Lightroom. It really makes thing pop.

I take a lot of dog show and agility trial photos. The shows have been indoors with cr4ppy lighting. My kit D3100's kit lens won't cut it. My 55-300 won't cut it... not fast enough. So, I've been using my current fastest lens, my 50mm f/1.8. Then, there's still a lot of noise and a lot of cropping. I cannot wait to cut some of that editing time out of my process!

480sparky

UPDATE!!! UPS says they are OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!

Uh, can you tell I'm a little excited???

thEmoticons.gif

Lakeside Annie

Photos please!

My very FIRST shot (oh, so embarrassed...)

szp_0001_pslr5_thumb.jpg

To many days have passed with no updates! Were you abducted by the UPS driver?? :D

No, not the UPS driver... first I had to charge the battery. Next, I had to collect my son from the airport for Thanksgiving. Then I needed to prepare pies for Turkey-day dinner... NOW I can begin to ~really~ explore my camera ... and post. ;) (I just uploaded these to my Gallery. Check my Gallery for larger versions?)
Spur:
szp_0008_pslr5_thumb.jpg

Denali:
szp_0026_pslr5_thumb.jpg

Ula in a T-Shirt:
szp_0020_pslr5_thumb.jpg

Pecans and Apples:
szp_0030_pslr5_thumb.jpg