Slowly finding my way around

fsbcyp

Welcome to our Nikonites family! I just got a D7100 too, and I also think you made a great choice! :)
I hope you'll love it here with us! :)

Question, why would you buy a D7100 when for little extra you can get the much improved model the D7200. Just wondered in case I am missing something as the D7200 is one that I am eyeing unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get the D750!

Bill16

Well first off, I already had a D800E and D700, so the D7100 is just for the extra reach a DX camera gives me! The D7100 seemed to me to give me what I needed without spending the extra on the D7200!
If I was just going to have on Nikon and my choices was the D7100 or the D7200, then my choice would be the D7200. But the D800E would be my choice if it was in the options, and so the D7100 suits my limited needs for a DX, and saves me some money too! :)

Question, why would you buy a D7100 when for little extra you can get the much improved model the D7200. Just wondered in case I am missing something as the D7200 is one that I am eyeing unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get the D750!

Chubby

Welcome to Nikonites, there are plenty of great photo-ops here in the PNW, and this is a good place to learn some of the tricks that make it easier.