Sigma 150-500mm APO OS DG

Lurch

Sigma 150-500mm APO OS DG HSM

So I had one of these show up today. Only had a few minutes to play with it this evening between getting hoe and heading straight back out again :/ But - I'm very impressed.

This ridge is about 1.3k's away (as the crow fly's)

DSC_0259.jpg by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

This is a very quick shot of the moon DSC_0251.jpg by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

And a crop of the above photo Moon Crop by Mr Lurch, on Flickr All of these were taken Hand Held @500mm f6.3

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

In my first 18 months of photography I shot more photos with that lens than the others combined. It's great at what it does, even if it gets a hair soft at 500mm.

AC016

Nice shots of the moon. Maybe try to under expose your shots next time to tone down the brightness on the left side of the moon. I had the same issue with my moon shots and it helped to under expose a bit. Just friendly advice.

Lurch

Yeah - fair point. I literally had 5 mins to throw the lens on and walk out the back door.
Hopefully on the weekend I'll have more time to get a better feel for both the lense and the new camera.

Allen

Re: Sigma 150-500mm APO OS DG HSM

Great shots....encouraging, as I just picked up my copy yesterday.
The other thing I did given some of the posts regarding production variation in IQ - a friend has this lens and a very sharp copy, so we ran a test the only variable being the lens...seems like my copy is fairly sharp as well.....will see how it does with birds.

​cheers!