Share your camera chronology

Roy1961

Contributor
various somethingsorother when I was younger and could remember.

Fuji finepix

Nikon D60

Nikon D7000

Nikon D...... what ever is next?

Fortkentdad

My memory ain't as good as many here.

Early days - in the 60's had a Kodak 126 and then got into the 110's. Had an AFGA 110 that was cool and a Kodak one.

Then a broken heart lead to my first 35mm. Girlfriend returns the engagement diamond ring - heart broken I wonder what does a fella do with a used diamond - why pawnshop of course - where it transformed into a Yashica 35mm rangefinder. This would have been 1973.

From there I was into 35mm, various ones after my Yashica. Kodak and others. Typically point and shoot simple ones. We were raising kids and on a tight budget. But albums show we still took pictures.
FF to 2000 when we went on our second honeymoon. Went back and did a genological tour of Scotland. Bought an F90 with two lenses (100-300 sigma and the kit lens 28-80) Wow - came back with 600 shots to be developed and almost all turn out well. We were hooked.

Stuck with that as the good camera but picked up a couple of cheaper digitals as they were all the rage. Mostly Fuji ones.

Then I bought a D5100 with two lens in a kit. Paid $800 and thought we'd gone off the deepend - $800 for a camera!!!

Since then went FX with a D610

Picked up a D90 as part of a deal when I bought my 70-200 2.8.

Most recently a D7100.

... and for my next one . . . .