Sandy Beaches, Wild Animals, Happy Kids, and other assorted Perdido Key shots 2015

dh photography

DAH_8734.jpg

DAH_8690.jpg

Pretzel

Very nice shot! Although I'm hoping for sunshine every day, I have a secret hope of a good thunderstorm off shore so I can get a similar pic. Two years ago, I came very close to being able to shoot a waterspout, but it only developed about halfway before disappearing again...

What were your specs on this shot? EXIF isn't showing up... early morning, night, ND filter?

dh photography

Very nice shot! Although I'm hoping for sunshine every day, I have a secret hope of a good thunderstorm off shore so I can get a similar pic. Two years ago, I came very close to being able to shoot a waterspout, but it only developed about halfway before disappearing again...

What were your specs on this shot? EXIF isn't showing up... early morning, night, ND filter?

Thanks, man! We've had an excellent weather week, and wasn't at all upset to see a little storm roll through. I felt pretty luck to have gotten these shots, as it got really dark really quick and was blowing rain sideways off and on.

This shot was made by stacking twelve 30 second exposures set on ISO 100 and f/10 with the 18-55mm kit lens. I uses StarStax to blend them, then processed slightly in LRCC. It was about 7pm for these. I have a few other random shots from different directions over the city, but they aren't all that interesting as single strike shots. LoL.

dh photography

Great shots in difficult light. The beach is always tough!

Great portrait shots, and looks like you've got a natural model on your hands!

Appreciate that, guys! I had an idea to spend much more time on portraits over the week, but when you're having fun around the ocean, time does fly by in a hurry. I ended up with about a 35 minute shoot. LoL!! Did get to try out totally new techniques for me; with natural backlighting, low aperture, and faster shutter speeds. I like it. Most take some tweaking still to get just the right softness and contrast, but not so much as to make it hard to figure out.