Russ's random North Dakota/Minnesota photos

RussellHons

Thanks Marilynne. It was a fun time!

DSC_9387edit.jpg

RussellHons

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to take any photos. Going kind of stir crazy :). Yesterday I noticed some mushrooms popping up in the yard after a heavy rain. Here is my shot at making a nice looking photo.

DSC_0413_Detail.jpg

RussellHons

Not many photos lately, after the wedding we moved into a new house and are just now getting settled in. I'm getting excited, I ordered a Tamron 24-70 2.8 this morning and can't wait for Saturday when it arrives. Then i'll have 17-200 covered with 2.8f glass, along with my 35 and 85 1,8 primes. Then all i'll need is the new Tamron 150-600. I think i'll order it soon since they are taking up to 6 months to ship. If anyone knows a quicker place to order one, please let me know.

RussellHons

This week I had scheduled time to take some photos of my son and his fiance and their dogs, the weather forecast wasn't good. We got about 5 min of diffused sunlight, and then clouds and rain. We did squeeze in a few pictures that I thought turned out well. If you have any constructive suggestions on them I welcome the help.

DSC_1086rawedit8x10wm.jpg

DSC_1088RAW8x10wm.jpg

DSC_1090RAW8x10wm.jpg

DSC_1097RAW8x10WM.jpg

DSC_1104rawedit8x10wm.jpg

holdingdogs8x10.jpg

RussellHons

My birthday is next week and my wife showed me lots of love with a new D7100 and Tamron 150-600mm this week. I am just starting to figure it out, but I did take it and the new lens to the zoo yesterday just to try it out. I love it, and it will be fun using it for wildlife this fall. here are a couple pictures I took with it at the zoo yesterday, hand held at 600mm!

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

RussellHons

I tried to take some pictures of the partial eclipse this afternoon. I didn't have any kind of filter so I just had to stop the camera down and much and I could, and shot thru the tinted window in my Jeep.

RFH_1502bw.jpg

RussellHons

Yesterday I had to make an early morning drive for work. As I was out driving in the middle of nowhere I noticed a rare Oct. thunderstorm coming across the prairie. This isn't the greatest photo, as I took it in a hurry, and the 40mpg wind made it hard to keep the camera still. Once I got where I was going I was able to get another photo of the sun coming up over the wind farm.

RFH_1262wm.jpg

RFH_1305wm.jpg

RussellHons

This time of year I do a lot of free lance sports shooting. Last week I "got the shot" at a local women's college game and the Minneapolis Star Tribune bought it!

startrib closeup.jpg

Rob Bye

Hey Russ, being from Winnipeg, of course I've been to Grand Forks. I've never found anything even resembling a camera store there... Where the heck do you go to buy your gear?

RussellHons

Boy I haven't been on here in awhile. Been busy busy busy. Most of my stuff gets posted on my Russell Hons Photography - Photographer | Facebook page. I did get a new D7200 last Friday. I wanted it as a 2nd camera for sporting events. I used it a little Friday and Saturday for hockey and was impressed, although I haven't had much time to put it thru it's paces. I will post a couple photos here.

Raw_0523.jpg

RH2_0020.jpg

RH2_0050.jpg

RH2_0061.jpg

RH2_0110.jpg

RH2_0128.jpg

RH2_0170.jpg

RH2_0361.jpg

RH2_0409.jpg

Last edited: