Roy's 366 Thread for 2016.

Roy1961

Contributor
ROY_4977_01.JPG

ROY_4979.JPG

ROY_4984.JPG

the great white, snowy and cattle egret, not the best angle, it was crowded to my right with photogs

Roy1961

Contributor
ROY_4989.JPG

ROY_4990.JPG

think this little guy is a cassins vireo?? man was he hard to get, too fast for me, I may be a challenge for me to get a good shot of him. lol

ROY_5002.JPG

a white kite perched on his normal spot.

Dawg Pics

Wow, I love birds. It is wonderful to be able to capture so many.
I need to put the feeder out this year. I might get some finches....mayyyybeee.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Hey @Roy1961, what a great start for the year. I enjoyed the sunset shots from yesterday. A couple of questions for you. I noticed that you are shooting with an -1.00 EC. Is that intentional or just something that jumped into your D7000 settings when you weren't looking? Also, are you trying to catch up with Wev on your posting numbers? Ha!!

Roy1961

Contributor
@cwgrizz thanks, i had changed it the other day, but back to 0 now, i will never be able to keep up with wev, i am lucky to get 3 shots per day during the week, weekends i can get lots more, remember this is a marathon not a sprint. lol

Roy1961

Contributor
You are correct kevin, i notice a difference, the vireo has a longer white eye piece, this one doesnt, thanks, should have gotten this myself as a few days ago a kinglet landed on my open car door as i stood beside it.

Roy1961

Contributor
yeah, but unlike you (UK) we really need this weather, in the last 4 years we have had 7.9", 6.5", 5.1" and 11.9", the UK probabaly had that last month?

Roy1961

Contributor
5th Jan 2016

nothing much today. I don't know where this little boat came from, it just appeared at our microwave one day.

ROY_5032.JPG

the 55-300 doesn't cut it for the fish tank, should have used the 35mm.

ROY_5040.JPG

one days rain and the river has reappeared and took over the road.

ROY_5044.JPG

I think I had to go to 1250+ iso for this, dark and overcast.