Rollback Nikon D3500

JustinT.Caldwell

Hello everyone. I'm looking to rollback my D3500 back to 2.017. Does anyone have a copy of it. Nikon doesn't have older firmware versions posted on their site.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Justin, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

JustinT.Caldwell

Curious, why?
kind of a long story, but I'll try to shorten it. I've been using the D3500 as a face camera to record YouTube videos. In 2020 I purchased a lens (the
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Lens for Nikon F) and accidentally discovered that when paired with the D3500 it bypasses the Live View "Auto Timer". I used it throughout 2021 with no issue. In mid 2022 I moved and accidentally left it in a box that ended up in storage half way across the country. this passed week I decided to finally break down and purchased a used one. I ordered the wrong lens at first, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. When I realized it was the wrong lens by comparing it to pictures of the lens I ordered in 2020 I quickly returned it. Between reordering the correct lens and it coming in the mail, I decided to update the firmware and now the lens no longer bypasses Live View "Auto Timer". Since the only thing that I've changed is the firmware, my theory is that rolling it back might work. Because of this, I'm assuming that there maybe something in 2.017 that might be missing in the code that allows this specific lens to do what is once did. The worse case scenario, I was lucky when I ordered the original lens that's in storage and there's a flaw with it that I was able to exploit for so long, but I won't know unless I try rolling back the firm ware. I also prefer the blue selector screen over the grey one that the update gave the camera.

BF Hammer

Food for thought: The lens also has firmware. I don't even know if that lens is compatible with the Sigma Dock to allow a user change of firmware. It could be possible you must have the original lens you lost to work.