Rob's Project 365 for 2013

Kias

Lol, I'm 1/2 mile from 5 restaurants :)

My 2005 Ford F150 has 47,000 miles on it!

Ha! I used to live like a Rock Star too!

I used to lease a new car every couple years. Had a bunch of restaurants, 7-11, a Grocery store, and a Starbucks within walking distance!

Now, the mailbox is barely within walking distance. My 1999 Ford Expedition has 300,000 miles. I love it out here!

Anyway, got home earlier than I thought. Got another surprise from the girls!

The Shelless Egg. Hmmm... Shellless. Shell-less. No Shell!
20130116-_1RB2579.jpg

No, really!
20130116-_1RB2580.jpg

snaphappy

I have to agree with your choice in life Kias I feel the same :cool:

I've never been able to photograph the couple we've gotten because the kids usually end up squishing it first. Got young layers? Probably need more oyster shell

You did a great job of setting it up because your photo looks so nice :D

Kias

Other than the two shell-less eggs we've gotten in the past year, they seem to being doing fine. Practically need a hammer to break the eggs open!

Cracking these eggs is definitely a lot different then cracking the store bought ones.

Kias

Very nice shot!

Thanks!

I must say that this was absolutely the worse photo I've taken since I've gotten the camera.

Not because of the shot, that was incredibly easy, which in and of itself is telling me this project 365 is working! Just drivin' through the cemetery ever so slowly as one does through a cemetery, when I saw that shot. Backed the car up about 3 feet, since I drove past it, took one shot, looked at it on the small screen and decided I got it on the first try and continued on my way! Didn't even leave the car. Wouldn't have left the car if I needed to anyway. It's about three million degrees below zero. At least!

What I had a hard time with was the post-processing! I had at least a gazillion different ways to go with it! At least! Took me about an hour! Usually it takes about 5 minutes a picture... It was a rough choice, but I finally did it.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks!

I must say that this was absolutely the worse photo I've taken since I've gotten the camera.

Not because of the shot, that was incredibly easy, which in and of itself is telling me this project 365 is working! Just drivin' through the cemetery ever so slowly as one does through a cemetery, when I saw that shot. Backed the car up about 3 feet, since I drove past it, took one shot, looked at it on the small screen and decided I got it on the first try and continued on my way! Didn't even leave the car. Wouldn't have left the car if I needed to anyway. It's about three million degrees below zero. At least!

What I had a hard time with was the post-processing! I had at least a gazillion different ways to go with it! At least! Took me about an hour! Usually it takes about 5 minutes a picture... It was a rough choice, but I finally did it.

All of your effort paid off! Great job!!

Kias

Day 019

The darling wife was pretty jealous about Day 018, so I needed to rectify that.

My wife's hibernating machine. :cool:
20130119-_1RB2619.jpg

They both need a bath pretty bad.

Kias

Day 023

Starting to feel a little better, so I decided to take more than a half a second to set a shot up.

One Candle and one 40mm eye piece. I do believe if you add one more lens to the mix, it'd flip the picture right side up. I'm guessing that'd be the giant lens at the front of the telescope. :watermelon:

20130123-_1RB2656.jpg

Last edited:

Kias

Oh man... Now I just got wondering if I could get a better picture of the moon with that lens hooked up to the telescope. Hmmm...

I also have a sun filter that I can put on and stare at the sun with my bare eyes... Hmmmm...

Lot's of Hmmmm's tonight.

Kias

Day 024

It's 4 degrees Fahrenheit outside! Brrrrr

Staying inside today.

Laser engraving in a chunk of crystal.

20130124-_1RB2659.jpg