Rick's Olympus Images

Rick M

looks like you are having a good time with your new gear :)

Very much so! Like a 10 year old Christmas morning :). I've got the 80-300 2.8 pre-ordered, can't wait!
(I have to roll over my Fx proceeds before they get wasted on something stupid like food or clothes).

Blacktop

Very much so! Like a 10 year old Christmas morning :). I've got the 80-300 2.8 pre-ordered, can't wait!
(I have to roll over my Fx proceeds before they get wasted on something stupid like food or clothes).

So, did you get a chance to get down and dirty with that Oly yet, and take some of those great HDR images that we all love ?

AC016

Pffft! Food from the grocery store and clothes are highly overrated. You will just have to adapt and improvise. And if you turn out like this guy, no big deal.

images.jpg

STM

Olympus tried very hard in the '70's and '80's to challenge Nikon and Canon in the professional market but they were too new and going up against two very well established giants in the industry. They have made some very fine cameras and optics and their microscopes are some of the finest I have every used. In that market they have no problems going up against Nikon and Leica and do quite wel

Deezey

Had to come check out the thread what with the splash you made in the Bye thread.

Some pretty fancy button pushing there!!

Looks like it seriously stomps the Nikon offerings in the mirror less department.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
My new 62mm B&W 6 stop ND and CPL arrived yesterday :)

View attachment 123919

Like, like, like, like................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ;)

Blacktop

Like, like, like, like................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ;)
Me tooooooooo.:)

Rick M

Have you tried any macro yet?? I would be interested to see the sharpness.

I don't have a macro lens yet, but I do have the 80-300 2.8 pro on pre-order, That lens is capable of macro as it has a very close focus of 27 inches @ 300mm equivalent. From what I've seen it's excellent. I'm not much of a macro shooter, but I'll certainly post some shots when I get it.

Rick M

Man I love the portability of this system. Had all my gear in a small Thinktank mirrorless mover bag and small tripod as I descended the embankment and forded a steam to get this shot.

Rick M

I also really like the 4:3 aspect ratio. With my print sales I try to stick with traditional sizes like 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20. Cost is significantly lower to print which means higher profit margin. While the sensor is smaller, I'm cropping off much less, at least 25% less, so I'm getting more out of each pixel. Not putting down 6x9, there are times it is needed, but this makes my compositions much easier and reduces "waste". It's REALLY hard to try and crop a 6x9 image that you really like! I fill each frame now without fear of what I might have to cut off.